• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual uses for mopar parts

daredevil

Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Had a big broken shop fan given to me. Bearing went bad and wore shaft off where it tapered down to 1/2 inch from 3/4. Company dont make replacement bearings and shafts so I was on own. Walked around the garage looking at all my jumk and came up with this, 10 inch drum brake hub uses a 3/4 inch inside diameter bearing. Pressed the bearing on the shaft and bolted the hub to the guard screen. Voila!Shop fan works great. Feels good on the patio on these hot Tx. nights. What odd uses have you found for Mopar parts. 012.jpg

My brother has a piece of walleye fishing equipment built in Michigan, an electric reel, that has a pentastar on the motor. I think it was a Mopar factory power window motor put to another purpose...

My beer fridge handle fell off one day. After finishing all the beer in the fridge i got a great idea...beer fridge 007.jpgbeer fridge 003.jpg

Not Mopar related, but I replaced the 2 broken tail lights on my boat trailer with a couple Suzuki Gs motorcycle tail lamps, when I sold my boat/trailer, the guy noticed it and thought it was cool and looked better than the oem tail lights. Sorry, can't find a picture

or how about when I re-purposed a kz550 motor I had laying around, cut up and re-welded a Yamaha warrior frame, complete rebuild and stuffed that KZ motor in it, got it up to 80mph and still had 6th gear to go...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Photo320_zps714ba204.jpg

I've used mopar hinges or tail gate shocks for other purposes

-That all ya,ll got?

- - - Updated - - -

I bet that 4 wheeler will scoot.

I used a front bench seat out of a 68 Satty for a couch when I was younger,
I actually did it a few times...

Usually yanked out the bench's & put in some buckets in all my cars...

I drilled the 4x's & bolted the tracks down to a couple of 4x4's out the back some,
so it wouldn't tip over, when you sat in them, I recessed the studs/nuts,
so it wouldn't dig into the floors, everyone of my ol'car buddies, all loved it...

Some of them were pretty nice too...
I remember a "Corinthian Leather" bench out of a Cordoba, that was nicer than most couches...

I had them around for a while as garage furniture, "smoking lounge" we called it,
I didn't let people smoke in the house, we had a big screen out there too,
when I finally got some real house furniture...LOL

I used every cent on my cars usually... especially when I was in my 20's

I probably did some other stupid stuff too, using Mopar parts left over stuff,
but none I really can think of right now...

sorry no photos

Here's the only Mopar I saw at Count's Kustoms in Las Vegas last week!IMG_1843.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back