• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on my Daytona clone project

Good news...I'm definitely driving a Daytona to St. Louis.
Not so good news...It'll probably be my wife's Ram Daytona.

More pics.
The first pic is the charger fresh out of the booth.
The second is of me wet sanding the entire freaking car with 1500 grit on a da sander. I hate this part.
Anyway, the next step will be to go back over it with 3000 grit on a da sander. I hate that part too.
Next step is to buff the entire car with compound and then polish with polishing compound. And, I hate that part.
The only part that I like is when it's finished and I can step back and look at it and say...never again.
But I will do it again, because I don't know any better.
As soon as the car is buffed, I'll start on the rest of the parts.

cloneoutofbooth001.jpg

clonewetsand001.jpg

The asian kids around here are geniuses. They know better than to do the menial labor stuff.
I've only managed to wet sand the roof, the plug and the tops of the panels today. I'll wet sand the sides of the doors and quarters in the morning and buff everything out tomorrow afternoon.

This car is too big.
I should have built a Honda with a big wing on the back.:grin:

Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing old fat white guys in the ricer crowd.
I guess I fit right in with you wing car cloners. :yes:

The body of this big 'ol boat is finally buffed and polished. I'm going to move it into storage in the front building for a couple of weeks while I get back on customer work. I'm still waiting on my hollow aluminum wing anyway. No sense painting and buffing the fiberglass wing at this point, just to take it off later.

I really would like spend the time to finish it and take it to St. Louis, but that just wouldn't be fair to do my customers that way.

Bring them and we'll take a look. One of my bodymen from the dealership is going to start helping me after the first of the year if not sooner. He's very good. This will help me out a lot. I have two daytonas to build, three if you count mine plus the wife's bird clone thrown in there somewhere. I also have to finish assembling the 67 Hemi GTX this fall.

So, after all that wetsanding, polishing and buffing, do you ever wonder why you don't restor old Plymouth Arrow prostocks?

Excellent job, btw.

Rev.

After owning a funny car and four dragsters, I've been staying away from racecars. We're down to one Super Pro Firebird and my 70 Cuda Pro No E project. I just can't seem to get into the driving part of dragracing lately. That won't keep me away from the Vegas race in November though.

Do you know someone that owns a Plymouth Arrow Prostock?

After owning a funny car and four dragsters, I've been staying away from racecars. We're down to one Super Pro Firebird and my 70 Cuda Pro No E project. I just can't seem to get into the driving part of dragracing lately. That won't keep me away from the Vegas race in November though.

Do you know someone that owns a Plymouth Arrow Prostock?

when i first got in the mopar hobby 25 years ago , A guy from topeka ks named randy renyer had a hemi arrow , license plates suicide , very cool car!

Auto Transport Service
Back