• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on my Daytona clone project

There's a guy around here that has one, its tubbed, 340 6 out of a totaled 70 t/a challenger, its a really neat car but i haven't seen him in a while and its probably not for sale.

Gotta make room for my car! That is if I can stop the modification process. Just bought a set of nascar hemi headers. Lets see what next.

Dane e-mailed me. My hollow aluminum Daytona wing will be here in a few days.
I think that my Janak fiberglass wing was a great wing, but the aluminum one will be even better.
Hopefully, someone will start making the steel noses eventually and I'll change it out as well.
Plan to get back on the car hot and heavy after we get back from the SEMA show.

Dane e-mailed me. My hollow aluminum Daytona wing will be here in a few days.
I think that my Janak fiberglass wing was a great wing, but the aluminum one will be even better.
Hopefully, someone will start making the steel noses eventually and I'll change it out as well.
Plan to get back on the car hot and heavy after we get back from the SEMA show.
I bought a steel nose , I dont have it yet , just a shell and beat up , but it's a factory original piece .

put this wing in your signature LOL

I'll see Gean Gregory at S.L.. He mentioned that he might start building steel daytona noses again. I'll ask.

Our color scheme on the bird clone will be a little different than yours. The color will be slightly darker and the decals will be black. The interior will be black.

I'll see Gean Gregory at S.L.. He mentioned that he might start building steel daytona noses again. I'll ask.

Our color scheme on the bird clone will be a little different than yours. The color will be slightly darker and the decals will be black. The interior will be black.

just know that the one nose i have seen that gean built , fits like crap
It's on my buddy wayne perkins hemi . But it is steel ! and you can work it !

iwaynes nose.jpg

Gean sold about a hundred of those noses back in the eighties. Since you never see one for sale, you have to assume that most of them are on daytonas.
As for making it fit...I know a guy. :grin:

Gean sold about a hundred of those noses back in the eighties. Since you never see one for sale, you have to assume that most of them are on daytonas.
As for making it fit...I know a guy. :grin:

wayne new a guy too but it still fits like *** , not made right at all LOL and the hlps fit bad too , all the guts are his original stuff he hit a deer !

i would take one in a heart beat for my clone over a fiber glass one , but now i dont have to

I have to comment, I keep getting emails telling to stop in here and say hello, so here I am, now whats up your charger project Larry?

Mark

I had to put it on the back burner for a while to catch up on customer work. Those crazy customers think that their cars should come before mine. What's up with that?
I drove it earlier today...out of the shop and then back in. I just have to finish painting the front end and install it and then finish up the interior. I have everything to finish the car, but time. I did take a little time this weekend and painted our extra Superbird wing and installed it on our 69 runner. I kept the original wing that I have for our Superbird clone.
It's been a blast driving around town in the new wing car this week.

69winger03.jpg

69winger05.jpg

69winger08.jpg

Right on, at least you have a mopar to work on that you own. Me, customer cars as well up to my ears.
I'm looking though for a '68 charger roller. I might have found one also, I'll keep you up to date.
In the mean time, I started collecting Lightnings, which isn't a bad thing either IMO.
Keep up the good work brother.

Mark

Mark, Didn't you have a mopar or am I thinking of someone else in Alaska?
I live in a world of confusion sometimes.

:wave:

Hi Mark , hey hotrod! put the front on that daytona already . :tongueflap:

I worked on it a little today. I plan to put Sandra to work on it tomorrow brushing the bedliner on the floors for soundproofing. May try to get the headliner and package tray in this weekend. I'll work on it myself a little only on the weekends so as not to anger the customers. They all want their cars ready for show season. Go figure.
The "Roadwinger" has inspired me. :tongueflap:

Hey Rene, yeah Larry, same Mark here. I've had a few dif' cars in the past year or two already, now I have a collection of Ford trucks, Lightnings. Don't kill me yet, I'm hunting down a mopar again.
I really want a '68 charger cause if I get a '69 or '70, I'll for sure build a Daytona clone again and be screwed for the next 5 years building it and won't enjoy it, hahaha.
Mopars, love 'em or hate 'em, they in my blood still.

Good to see your coming along w/your projects though.

Mark

Did he ever finish the transformation? Looks like he had the back glass and wing at least.

Auto Transport Service
Back