Yesterday I was able to get the springs hung. That made me happy. Measured the distance between the center bolts then made marks on the diff so I can get the perches tacked on. The next day or two I'll put the diff back in place and get the rear sway bar in the area. Many of these items I've had since 13 so it's nice to see them actually going in. I'm not going to mess with all of the labels on the springs, lubing the shackles and springs[ re-using the urethane bushings], painting, rust proofing etc till I'm totally done with any weld/fab stuff. One thing I need to investigate, after seeing the angle of the shackles as installed with no weight on the springs, is where the front spring eye is in relation to the rest. There is a difference in the spring lengths between 62-5 and 66 on b's. You can compensate for using the newer 66 on units with a different front hanger. This dawned on me when I was awake at 4am to pee and let the dogs out for a pee break. It was an "oh yeah" moment. When I got the suspension parts from FF, the springs are the later XHD units that came with new front hangers. I need to find them and look at the difference. May end up having to put a new series of mount holes in the USCT boxes. News as it happens. Like many other areas in the state, it's been wet here. We had power outages for three days starting on Sunday. I was going to work below on Sunday as I had been batching it since Saturday. Sunday I was pooped so I elected not to work and guessed the power may go out at an inopportune time, like when I was using the lift. That would not be good as it need power for the hydraulics for up and air for the release mechanisms for down. If it got stuck on say two/three locks and not four, I would have no way to move it to get it on all four locks. So no power Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Did not do any car stuff. On Monday I got a text from a neighbor for emergency help as some of the residents on our street were getting flooded. Massive amount of water came through, street drains partially plugged etc, so it overflowed to the low areas. There is a large property just east of us that the runoff comes to from the main road through town and streets south of it. From the mass flow since at least 18 when we got here, the elevation in areas of that property have come up close to 2' in areas from erosion, especially elevating at the end of the street above us. I'm so glad when we were looking to buy up here in 18, that we had lived here before in the early 90's when the area got nailed with heavy rain, so we knew not to buy in low elevation areas that would be prone to flooding or have a driveway that sloped down to the house/garage. One area nearby got beat pretty bad. See the article.
Los Osos retention basin bursts, 20 homes damaged