• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover gaskets 440 cork or rubber or something else?

1969 440 rebuilt 4 years ago. Moroso 93055 Gaskets newly installed on Stock Valve Covers. Currently torqued at 40"lbs. Are you saying back off on the torque?
Generic Directions all makes and models from Moroso is 80"lbs for 1/4" thread fasteners. Seems like too much to me. FSM 40"lbs.
Have not run engine with new valve cover gaskets. Previous FelPro Cork gaskets were leaking, probably because of heat from HP manifolds.
View attachment 1632136View attachment 1632137View attachment 1632138View attachment 1632139
If that was mine I would pull the covers make sure the edges are all level. Straighten the bolt holes back flat.
Get a new set of cork gaskets use a bit of gasket glue to stick them on the ( clean ) covers.
Let them set for a hr or two and install.
Use a nut driver or at the most a 1/4 drive rachet. Just snug them up, don't bend or sink the cover bolts.
Plus dbl check you pcv valve is not stuck.

Auto Transport Service
Back