• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vent windowtroubles

jeff caudill

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to put the fuzzies in the wing window where the window rolls up and down in?I got the old stuff out can't figure out if it comes apart or if you glue the new stuff in.driving me crazy:sad2:

They are glued in.

Glued. When I do them I make sure the old one is fully removed, clean as much as is possible in the channel and use a non contact glue to fix 1 top corner with just a tiny dot of glue. The reason for this is so I can move it around a little if need be and it doesn't grab the way contact does.
It allows me to line it up nicely and then affix a bottom corner,line the edge up then fold the fuzzy back a little and brush the contact behind it. Go very slowly and carefully and when u have one edge lined and glued safe u can work onwards from there. Use a narrow roller to force it in tight.
I tend to kinda work in descending lines as it were, working in thin strips downwards, and sort of folding it into the channel bit by bit.
A friend uses a slightly different method. Instead of the roller, he glues one edge fully, lets it dry and then uses a radiator brush to paint glue into the channel and uses a thin plywood cut to length to gently force the fuzzy to the back of the channel. Seems to work well.

Auto Transport Service
Back