• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vietnam War Veterans Day ...... today?

44070dart

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who didn't know about today being our day ?? Wife told me this morning. Kind of figures.

Didn't know it either. God Bless all that served and the families of those that gave all!

damn i'm a viet nam vet and didn't know it. thanks

Never heard of it before this?
Guess it's been a long kept secret.

Vietnam Vets are my heroes. I watched as they got drafted, sent to fight an unpopular war, experienced horrors, many wounded physically and mentally, many never returned. Back then, you expected to get drafted & then get killed; you saw it on TV. And your friends and contemporaries that returned told you all about it, sometimes not a word. I was fortunate, my draft lottery numbers were always high. It was like, I got another year to live. Many, as history reveals, not as fortunate.

"Officially designated in 2017 as National Vietnam War Veterans Day by President Donald Trump, the holiday is marked by ceremonies and celebration across the U.S."
Make-America-Great-Again-font-b-Hat-b-font-Donald-font-b-Trump-b-font-font.jpg

https://www.military.com/veterans-day/vietnam-veterans-day

Thank you for your Service to Our Country :usflag:

Just another day at the brick pile.
With WW1 vets gone and WWII almost gone we are in need of some new days to honor those that served here and abroad.

thanks for your service my friends , this is not soon enough i'd say . so thanks for our life style of being free to make our way . freedom has a price , thanks for paying the way !

No kidding! Thanks to those Veterans!!

Hats off to the Vets. Draft Lotto. My number 280. Guys born one day sooner #6! Mom says I arrived just after midnight. I was registered and expecting the call anytime. Never came. Things could have been different. God Bless every one of you who had an M16 over your head while wading in a swamp. With VC who knows where. I can't comprehend that.

I'm a Nam vet too. Never heard of it until the 6 o'clock news last night. Not real sure it was needed since we already have Veterans day. IMO, If you have too many of those celebratory days, they all run together and no one really gives a **** after a while. Like black history month, Women's month, Gays and lesbian month. Who gets fired up about any of them?

I'm a Nam vet too. Never heard of it until the 6 o'clock news last night. Not real sure it was needed since we already have Veterans day. IMO, If you have too many of those celebratory days, they all run together and no one really gives a **** after a while. Like black history month, Women's month, Gays and lesbian month. Who gets fired up about any of them?

Yeah guess your right .. but somehow always felt like who gives a **** when we came home. Couldn't explain that place to friends so I didn't try.. but believe me scars are gone and life is great... God bless all combat vets, you earned it.

Thank you all for YOUR service!:usflag:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back