• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN # Question

WmBaldwin57

Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
I have a 65 Dodge Coronet 500, however it has a few differences I'm questioning. The tail lights have the plastic lens that goes up over the rear fender (picture attached), NO shiny chrome plate. It is a 2 Dr. Sedan and doesn't have the chrome plate across the trunk lid. The Vin Number is: W457217882 and when I look up that vin it says W45 is a Coronet 500 2 dr. convertible?? What gives, are these car specs really that far off, or was record keeping really that bad :)

Picture_67B.jpg

For 1965 the w means coronet 8cyl., the 4 means premium coronet, The 5 means the model year and the 7 is the assembly plant which in this case is St. Louis Mo. The rest is the vin sequential number. How did you come up with convertible in the vin you provided?

Whats holding the vin tag on? You didn't buy this from a guy in Bonsell Calif. did you? I got a Plymouth from him that had a dodge vin plate and a calif title to match. Now howd he do that.

The convertible information came from this website:
http://www.oldride.com/library/1965_dodge_coronet.html

As for where the car came from, my son purchased it a few years ago just outside of Atlanta. It was stripped down for a bracket racer and we have slowly pieced it back together. Had a 383 in it when we got it, it now has a 440 in it. I'm currently working on a 73 Dart, when that's done I'll be working this one over, can't wait.

Auto Transport Service
Back