• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

"I Can't Stop Posting Pictures! It's An Obsession! Help! How About This Car Race Fans? The Mr. Tomato Dodge--Engine Built By The Great Ted Detar-The "Kansas Badman!"

Cool, everyone's enjoying these, I like your Obsession! Thanks again, The War Wagon got me thinking but several comes to mind that were great.. I wish ABC had the "Wild World of sports" on, I think it was Saturdays, They used to put drag racing in with these type cars, seems now its all funny cars and rails, like them but it would be nice to see the cars guys have like at the local strips racing!

I rarely endorse anything (like it would be worth anything!! LOL) but that book "We were the Ramchargers" is really, really good and worth every nickle. I highly recommend it to any Mopar enthusiast.

Ditto on that - an excellent book!

"I Can't Stop Posting Pictures! It's An Obsession! Help! How About This Car Race Fans? The Mr. Tomato Dodge--Engine Built By The Great Ted Detar-The "Kansas Badman!"

Cool, everyone's enjoying these, I like your Obsession! Thanks again, The War Wagon got me thinking but several comes to mind that were great.. I wish ABC had the "Wild World of sports" on, I think it was Saturdays, They used to put drag racing in with these type cars, seems now its all funny cars and rails, like them but it would be nice to see the cars guys have like at the local strips racing!

Ron: This Is For You! Here's Something From ABC's Wide World Of Sports Telecast In The 60's. Central Islip New York's Firetruck For Hook & Ladder Competitons. Check What These Guys Are Using! I Sent My Article Into The 62-65 Mopar B-Body Site!

Terry

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-heininger65firetruck.html

Last edited:
Charlie Allen's Atlantic Dodge Flyer A-F/X '65 Dodge!

'65 Dodge--Atlantic Coast Flyer.jpg

Would You Let Any One Of These Two Jokesters Work On Your Mopar? You Bet You Would! Two Of The Greatest Legends Of Drag Racing "Working" On Someone Elses Car, Dave Strickler And Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins! A Great Picture!

Two Of The Legends In Drag Racing--Dave Strickler & Bill Jenkins.jpg

From Chambersburg, Pennsylvania...The Great Bud Faubel's "Honker" NHRA National Record Holder A-F/X '65 Dodge!

I used to live in Chambersburg and I had been to Shively Motors several times asking about their racing history and literally NONE of the people there could tell me anything. I was really disappointed. Heck, Chambersburg has a history dating back 100 years before then and not many people know about it! I am a history nerd and I love to learn all that I can about it, and it saddens me to see how the focus in today's schools is shifting away from history....but that is not for this thread....keep the old pictures coming! I cant get enough!

Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins First NHRA Win Came At The Wheel Of Doc Burgess's '65 Black Arrow.... Plymouth! This Is The "Grump" At The Wheel Of Dave Strickler's Old Reliable '64 Dodge! Behind That Mastermind Chevy Mechanic Lurks The Mastermind Mopar Mechanic! Can You Even Imagine What Would Have Happened If The Move To Chevy Never Happened?

Did You Know That Bud Faubel Flew Fighter Jets In Korea? Ask Him Sometime If You Get The Chance!

I spoke to Bud a few years back and asked him why he stopped racing by the 70's ? He told me he loved flying and had a flying job and it got where he had to decide to race full time or fly. He went with flying. Its to bad as he was a very good racer. Ron

Ron: This Is For You! Here's Something From ABC's Wide World Of Sports Telecast In The 60's. Central Islip New York's Firetruck For Hook & Ladder Competitons. Check What These Guys Are Using! I Sent My Article Into The 62-65 Mopar B-Body Site!

Terry

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-heininger65firetruck.html

Thank you, That whole thing is cool, must have been really neat to have them put that in.. A Hemi powered 65 fire truck, never heard of this and i know i didn't see it on the show.. Ill bet maybe some fire stations in NY might have some pictures hanging around.. be something to check on maybe.. Im going to go thru and check some other things out to..

Thank you, That whole thing is cool, must have been really neat to have them put that in.. A Hemi powered 65 fire truck, never heard of this and i know i didn't see it on the show.. Ill bet maybe some fire stations in NY might have some pictures hanging around.. be something to check on maybe.. Im going to go thru and check some other things out to..

They Still Do It Today! Big Sport In New York State! I Distinctively Remember That '65 Coronet! You Have To Watch Their Accleration On The Track They Run. Short Bursts And Slam On The Brakes. That Hemi Was Barking! Crazy! Central Islip Fire Dept. Should Have Pictures Of It. Contact Them!

Auto Transport Service
Back