• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viscous Fan ordeal.

aldal

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I can't find a new Mopar Viscous Fan Package because they stopped making them so I bought a used one on ebay. The problem I have is one of the blades has a tiny kink along the one edge and I wanted to know if I straighten it (which I believe I can easily do) will it be okay or am I better to find a different one? Maybe I'm thinking to much but I don't want to have it sprung and out of balance and cause problems later. Thanks, Alan

Sorry no pictures as the car is at the fab shop.

I wanted to stick with the 5 blade type fan but the more I think about it I will most likely just go with the other version.

aaaaaa.jpg

Last edited:
I have never understood that goofy 5 bladed fan that they have, I just don't get it? I would think the motor would shake the car to death.

I sure don't know if your's is hurt beyond repair, but mine has worked well beyond anything I ever expected. If the thermo clutch is working properly, hammer out the ding in the fan blade. If not PM me & I'll send you mine which is perfect. I'm headed toward a "drag only" setup. My current viscous setup has worked incredibly well.

I'd say go ahead and hammer out the ding. Lay it face down on a flat surface to check trueness. Or after you bolt it on, use some kind of reference to check each blade location as you spin it.

Auto Transport Service
Back