• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voltage regulator install

Wells VR706 is a replacement for the old point type pre-1970 Mopars.
Auto Zone has them under their Duralast name same part number.Electronic.
Cool thing you can take the cover off your old regulator and snap it over the cover of the new VR706 to have the look of original.
Are these any good? I get a little nervous with stuff from AutoZone. I had bought one at the Indy show a few yrs ago..literally lasted 2 weeks shot craps, went back to old school VR and no probs other than a slight flickering of the lights at times

Ran one on my Dart for 20 years. Installed them on 4 other cars but sold them off within a year or so.
Still working when cars went by-by.

I've been running a Wells VR706 in my Road Runner for 5 years now with no problem after the OEM mechanical regulator failed, but I did not buy it from AutoZone, nor would I. I don't trust anything but dumb parts (fluids, bulbs, filters, wiper blades, etc) from AutoZone.

I've been running a Wells VR706 in my Road Runner for 5 years now with no problem after the OEM mechanical regulator failed, but I did not buy it from AutoZone, nor would I. I don't trust anything but dumb parts (fluids, bulbs, filters, wiper blades, etc) from AutoZone.

Where did you buy it from? The autozones here are somewhat questionable to say the least

Can't remember for sure where I bought it, but it was most likely Jegs or Summit. Maybe even Amazon.

Auto Transport Service
Back