• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

voltage regulators

triggerdog1

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
hi all.
i have a few voltage regulators advertised in the mechanical parts for sale section.
i thought these were very highly sought after but i have not had any responses.
are these not wanted anymore?
let me know what you all think
thanks

20231212_145227.jpg

Sometimes it's just timing of needs.
I have listed off set spring hangers for B&E bodies many times without one hit.
Pitch 'um and your in box will be flooded with hits.:lol:

yeah.i remember searching hi and lo for one of these regulators when i had my 70 challenger and took for ever to find one and after that they were popping up everywhere

Most likely a small market for the high end resto's at that price. Not saying they aren't worth it to that kind of guy, but alot of us on here drive our stuff and can get the repop stuff or good quality used stuff for the driver cars for less. Just depends who REALLY needs that part when it's listed.

Last edited:
i kind of agree except that the repops are missing the one key detail that makes these correct. i wish they would just reproduce our parts correctly

You wanted to know what we think......
You won't like it, but I just took a look at them... because I would purchase all of them, if....
That price is waaaaaaaaaaaay too aggressive for USED, to boot....

I sold two NEW N.O.S. O.E.M. MOPAR ( just as illustrated) Voltage Regulators @ Chryslers @ Carlisle last summer for $ 125.00 each.....

Last edited:
They are good property and especially if they are date coded but $400 each? You may get someone restoring a numbers car to bite but most of us guys wouldn't pay $100 for one.

hi all.
i have a few voltage regulators advertised in the mechanical parts for sale section.
i thought these were very highly sought after but i have not had any responses.
are these not wanted anymore?
let me know what you all think
thanks

View attachment 1585854
At 400.00 each you most likely will sit on them for a long time. The only way I see them at that price is a restorer doing a job for a customer with an open wallet.

Post them on the FBBO or FEBO thread. Price is fine for them.

Here’s my 2 cents from someone who strives to keep my GTX “as built”.
I bought the below (not from you) and paid about $200 off eBay
I was a little disappointed when it arrived and could clearly see that the white text had been masked and then repainted not very good with paint runs, oh well I thought no biggy.
I had a lot of off on and off issues with it affecting my charging system until I yanked it and replaced with a Napa brand, no issues since.
I might be interested if I found one for under $200 and not repainted.
I’m just a little cautious about these
Just giving honest opinion
IMG_2771.jpeg

Here’s my 2 cents from someone who strives to keep my GTX “as built”.
I bought the below (not from you) and paid about $200 off eBay
I was a little disappointed when it arrived and could clearly see that the white text had been masked and then repainted not very good with paint runs, oh well I thought no biggy.
I had a lot of off on and off issues with it affecting my charging system until I yanked it and replaced with a Napa brand, no issues since.
I might be interested if I found one for under $200 and not repainted.
I’m just a little cautious about these
Just giving honest opinion
View attachment 1585926
If I was paying that much money I would want the box it was put in when new. Lots of counterfeit black market junk out there especially when the stencils/stamping is available. The original box would be my requirement for that kind of money.

hey guys.
i for sure understand your concerns.all i can say is that i took them off of running and driven mopars.
as far as my pricing,i guess i priced them based on what i would be willing to pay for a correct original part.even years ago when i finally found one of these for my 70 i paid very close to $300
thanks

hey guys.
i for sure understand your concerns.all i can say is that i took them off of running and driven mopars.
as far as my pricing,i guess i priced them based on what i would be willing to pay for a correct original part.even years ago when i finally found one of these for my 70 i paid very close to $300
thanks
I went and read your add. These are used regulators. I assume that you painted and lettered then? I thought you were selling NOS at 400 bucks.

i kind of agree except that the repops are missing the one key detail that makes these correct. i wish they would just reproduce our parts correctly
IKR ? You think they can pay attention to detail. Find an original part, and copy it, not just think ; this looks right, and usually far from it. Just like "bolt on".

I've looked at that 479 for my Superbird numerous times, as it's damn near date correct, but not at $400US ($535 Canuck bucks). I also thought from your classified that they were NOS and not "as removed". Are they at least tested??

these were taken off of the cars just as you see them
I also assumed they were NOS for that money. Used my guess is 50 to 100 bucks. Toss them on E-Bay and see what you get.
I too expected NOS for that price. You need to edit your ad to let prospective buyers know that they are used take off's and adjust your price accordingly.

Auto Transport Service
Back