• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waking up the beast

how many dang converters do you have from your cars? I just bought an 8" converter from you....

I have 6 left. Lol you have to see how many 727's i have. And intakes.

Late model 727. 66-72 input shaft spline not the early 61-64 style
[/quote]

[/QUOTE]

You should have a swap meet in your garage.

You should have a swap meet in your garage.[/QUOTE]

ITS TOO TIGHT IN THERE.:happy7:

Any good 4500 Holley carbs?[/QUOTE]

I have 2 1050 holleys mint but I wont know if Im going to use them yet. wll know in about 3 weeks.ill keep you posted.

sounds pretty good, Bucket T - Bucket T - Bucket T - Bucket T

Lowered my et again. Stay tuned for more info.

Hey bob, who is in that other car, nice of him to wait at the end for ya.

Lol, just bustin, you can see you're getting a lot better. Post your slips.

Hey bob, who is in that other car, nice of him to wait at the end for ya.

Lol, just bustin, you can see you're getting a lot better. Post your slips.

He is getting better and we had a great time. Great bunch of guys
get your car ready and join us, I bet Bob will be going 11's next time out.

Hey Bob,
Maybe I missed it,,,, have you posted your complete setup?

Hey Bob,

This is my setup

Car is stock weight, full interior no weight savings at all. Add about 240lbs. for me. 3.55 gears(have 4.10s in the garage waiting.) I ran 20lbs. in the rears. Lunati hydro cam 231/[email protected]" .535/.550 lift +1.6 hughes roller rockers. So .570/587 adjusted. Stock converter. 727 trans reverse pattern manual valve body. MSD 6a ignition. Timing is 12*btdc and 37 total. Not tunable billet distributor from 440 source. Stock front torsion bars and shocks. Disconnected sway bar. ss rear springs and stock shocks. You are correct on tires. 275/60/15. No traction issues. No weight transfer either. I know I have a lot of work to do on it. I originally built this completely as a street car and got bored , so went racing. I felt the car was lazy on takeoff but you can really hear it in the video. I would like to be near 11.5 with this car. I don't want to put a cage in it. Eventually would like to build a dedicated track car. So that's the deal. I feel the 4.10s and a torque converter would really wake this up.

Oh yeah, Offenhauser 2x4 intake w/2 500 edelbrocks, 1-3/4" headman headers into 2-1/2" exhaust. Cutouts just ahead of the mufflers, so the exhaust actually runs through the x-pipe before it gets to the cutouts.

Some pictures of Nendra outing Saturday.

Nendra pics

Attachments

• nendra race 2 009.jpg
    nendra race 2 009.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 543
  • nendra race 2 011.jpg
    nendra race 2 011.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 551
  • nendra race 2 012.jpg
    nendra race 2 012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 534
  • nendra race 2 014.jpg
    nendra race 2 014.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 565
  • nendra race 2 015.jpg
    nendra race 2 015.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 563
  • nendra race 2 017.jpg
    nendra race 2 017.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 570
  • nendra race 2 019.jpg
    nendra race 2 019.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 577
He is getting better and we had a great time. Great bunch of guys
get your car ready and join us, I bet Bob will be going 11's next time out.

Looks like a ton of fun. I'll be bringing the family to the pits this season to meet all you guys for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Bob,

I was about to ask the same thing, I couldn't remember if he posted it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my setup

Car is stock weight, full interior no weight savings at all. Add about 240lbs. for me. 3.55 gears(have 4.10s in the garage waiting.) I ran 20lbs. in the rears. Lunati hydro cam 231/[email protected]" .535/.550 lift +1.6 hughes roller rockers. So .570/587 adjusted. Stock converter. 727 trans reverse pattern manual valve body. MSD 6a ignition. Timing is 12*btdc and 37 total. Not tunable billet distributor from 440 source. Stock front torsion bars and shocks. Disconnected sway bar. ss rear springs and stock shocks. You are correct on tires. 275/60/15. No traction issues. No weight transfer either. I know I have a lot of work to do on it. I originally built this completely as a street car and got bored , so went racing. I felt the car was lazy on takeoff but you can really hear it in the video. I would like to be near 11.5 with this car. I don't want to put a cage in it. Eventually would like to build a dedicated track car. So that's the deal. I feel the 4.10s and a torque converter would really wake this up.

Oh yeah, Offenhauser 2x4 intake w/2 500 edelbrocks, 1-3/4" headman headers into 2-1/2" exhaust. Cutouts just ahead of the mufflers, so the exhaust actually runs through the x-pipe before it gets to the cutouts.

The car really performs, bob. I figure to build the 440 I just picked up somewhat like yours, so I hope you get into the 11's... for both of our sakes lol. What made u go with the dual quads? Cool factor or performance or both? Was it a pain to setup?

Looks like a ton of fun. I'll be bringing the family to the pits this season to meet all you guys for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to ask the same thing, I couldn't remember if he posted it.

- - - Updated - - -

The car really performs, bob. I figure to build the 440 I just picked up somewhat like yours, so I hope you get into the 11's... for both of our sakes lol. What made u go with the dual quads? Cool factor or performance or both? Was it a pain to setup?

Purely the cool factor with the dual quads. I built the car for cruise nights and car shows, but got bored with that. I know that a good intake and single four will probably far outperform the setup I have now. I'm thinking about buying a single four setup, so I may be selling my dual setup.

Thanks for the photos & video guys, keep up all the great work...

Auto Transport Service
Back