• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was watching youtube and found a fairly new product.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not but this new distributor seems to be pretty cool I would say it along the lines of the MSD Ready to run distributors. However this one you can control from a smart phone and actually use it at car shows etc etc to cut ignition so noone can start your car. Anyhow It connects to your phone via blue tooth. You can tune in real time your advance and curve. Sort of a new company but the guy was sick of having to change springs/weights just to tune his old car. So he started this company. I am in no way affiliated with it. Just thought it was a good alternative to some of the older stuff. And you dont need all that MSD junk messing up what the engine compartment looks like.

https://progressionignition.com/

Here is the Mopar page of distributors.
https://progressionignition.com/shop/ols/categories/chrysler

cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25.jpg

Thats pretty cool, not sure I would want to be one of the first ones to try it but seems neat.

Hope some reviews come up on these. I do wish they looked more stock.

If they prove to be reliable these could be just the ticket for us street/strip guys. We can have the best of both worlds. Program in your vacuum advance for driving the car down to the track on the freeway and then dial in a different curve when you get there depending on track conditions. I like the ignition lockout feature as well. It adds a little extra security when you have to step away from your car longer than you want. It also keeps untrustworthy teenagers in the house from going for a spin when their judgement might lapse in the presence of friends.

I installed one a couple weeks ago. I only have a couple hundred miles on it, and a few blasts at the local burnout pad, but I like it a lot.
I had a MP distributor and a FBO box. I recurved with a Mr Gasket kit, 20 degrees initial, total 35, in by 2800-2900 rpms.
My car never really ran bad, but I always had some bouncing around in the timing that I could never really get addressed. I was never really fond of the tolerances of the plate assembly on the MP unit, but, just chalked it up to the nature of the beast.
I spoke at length to a guy at Progression, very knowledgeable, very accommodating. He said he would give me a 10% Covid discount, so I bought one.
I was going to go to some billet distributor, so the price was not really that much out of range.
The car runs way better. You can really tell it is firing more accurate, seat of the pants is hard to gauge, but there is improvement at high RPMs.
As for the low and mid range drivability, I played around with the curve, and found all in by 2200 is where it seems happiest.
I have a tune set up for future nitrous use, it couldn't be easier to do, when you are ready to change the tune, just press a couple buttons. Also, it has a built in start retard, another plus in my case.
I am very happy with the unit, the only caveat was it would not fit the fabbed valve cover, had to concave the corner out and re-weld.

I just read their website, am I correct in that it does away with the electronic ignition module complexity? I am assuming it does but am not sure. It appears that all you need a good coil and you are off to the races?

That is correct for the BB distributor, SB has a coil HEI style.

Interesting :thankyou:

Very Interesting Laugh In's Arte Johnson Nazi 1a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back