• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water Based or Petrol Based Parts Cleaner

Maybe a water based cleaner in the "solvent'" tank, to get 90% clean, then a final wipe with mineral spirits or acetone before paint.

Nothing beats good 'ol fashioned Safety Kleen.

Ue4jBWCf_400x400.jpg

Tractor Supply has oil base parts cleaner in 5 gallon pails for under $50. Have used it for 8 years in my washer with no plastic pump problem, cleans great. Smells just like the parts cleaner we used years ago. I think its CS1000 or something like that. Its on their web site and our local TSC store has about 10 pails in stock. Bought a pail today to freshen mine up.

Is it compatible with mineral spirits?

Why are you asking? The label says "formulated for parts cleaning systems". Are you intending to mix them?
All I can tell you is that it smells and cleans like what we used in the 1970s in our shops parts washers.

Why are you asking? The label says "formulated for parts cleaning systems". Are you intending to mix them?
Well, I'm getting low on the mineral spirits and no use trashing it if the stuff will mix....

Auto Transport Service
Back