• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We Need More Companies Like This

Bruzilla

Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
My son is the assistant GM at the local Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers restaurant. They received an email from a soldier stationed over in Afghanistan. He said it was his wife's birthday and she loves going to Mellow Mushroom, and he wanted to surprise her on her birthday by having a pizza delivered to their house along with a gift card. The GM read the email, and had the guys bake a heart-shaped pizza, get a bouquet of flowers and some balloons, and make a $50 gift card, then they took everything over to the guys house and delivered them. They also took pictures of his surprised and happy wife and son with all the goodies.

The guy was waiting for a reply email to let him know if Mellow Mushroom could help him out, and what the charge would be so he could send them his credit card number, and instead JP, the GM, just wrote a reply that said "We got you bro." and attached the pics of the guys wife and son.

Kudos to the folks at Mellow Mushroom! It's little acts like this that make a HUGE difference for our folks in uniform.

Very nice.

If you don't choke up readin stuff like this, you're mentally ill. Great stuff. Thanks for sharin.

Thanks to your son and the people at the Mellow Mushroom for going the extra mile to do something special for one of our troops and his family. I love hearing stories like this. It's a great feeling for our military men and women to know that the people back home are thinking about them and watching out for their families. Thank you to all of our troops and veterans too.

I've never heard of Mellow Mushroom, is that a local chain?

Wow, that was a great story. Some companies would be glad to just take his CC # and deliver the pizza, but what they did was worthy of a news story. I hope to see it someday, someone should contact the local news station and point out what those guys did for one of our brave.

They started in 1974 in Atlanta, GA, and have carried forth the 70's-theme. They are located all over, but concentrated in Florida and Georgia. My son's store is a franchise owned by a guy who lives in Jacksonville and who owns five stores. He's a pretty cool guy. The guy my son replaced a few years ago had to leave the company because he was from Colorado, he had family there who were going through some serious problems, and he had to leave to help them. Rather than let the guy quit, the franchise owner opened a store out in Colorado and gave, yes gave, this guy 50% interest in it! They really take good care of their people and I was glad to see them take car of this soldier. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that was a great story. Some companies would be glad to just take his CC # and deliver the pizza, but what they did was worthy of a news story. I hope to see it someday, someone should contact the local news station and point out what those guys did for one of our brave.

My son said a customer who heard them talking about what they were doing mentioned doing something like that, but the GM said they were just doing this to help out a guy serving his country and didn't want anyone thinking they did it for publicity.

Mellow Mushroom... LOL .....love the name

My son said a customer who heard them talking about what they were doing mentioned doing something like that, but the GM said they were just doing this to help out a guy serving his country and didn't want anyone thinking they did it for publicity.

What a dilemma... they deserve the publicity, yet are too humble to accept it because of what people might think. Well, please ask your son to tell the GM that some guy out in California has mad respect for him. I was in the USAF back in the 80's and am very pro-military. I never had to risk my life and limb, so what that GM did for the soldier was incredible and heartwarming.

Good stuff!
It's so nice to see that some local buisnesses(sp) do stuff like this.

These are the places that I would support.

Mellow Mushroom... LOL .....love the name

Their slogan is "Well Baked Since 1974". :) I told my son he could use my 74 road runner if they ever wanted to shoot a calendar of the babes that work there with it. I'm so generous that way. ;)

Their slogan is "Well Baked Since 1974". :) I told my son he could use my 74 road runner if they ever wanted to shoot a calendar of the babes that work there with it. I'm so generous that way. ;)

Bawhahahahahah.. awesome !

You are a heck of a guy for throwing yourself on that grenade too with the car offer.. LOL

Maybe you just dont know a good pizza... :)

http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/article/207363/Mellow-Mushroom-delivers-surprise-to-soldier-s-family

ScreenShot2013-01-28at42224PM_zps11ada3cb.png

They do make the best pizza. We had never heard of them when we moved here in 2004. My sons were in a HALO game competition that was sponsored by the local classic rock station, and they had Mellow Mushroom pizza there and we loved it. It had been a long time since I had a pizza with the really thick and gooey Mozzarella cheese like the pizzerias back in Pittsburgh used, and the crust was awesome. When they started opening a store near our house, both my sons applied for jobs and have been working there since 2008.

I asked my kids about the cheese they use, and they told me it costs about $120 a 10 lb box. I mentioned this to someone who works for Dominos and they said the "cheese" they use is like $30 for the same amount. You'll never get a $5 or $10 pizza at the 'Shroom, but you damn sure get your money's worth.

:hatwave::icon_salut::eusa_clap:

My son is the assistant GM at the local Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers restaurant. They received an email from a soldier stationed over in Afghanistan. He said it was his wife's birthday and she loves going to Mellow Mushroom, and he wanted to surprise her on her birthday by having a pizza delivered to their house along with a gift card. The GM read the email, and had the guys bake a heart-shaped pizza, get a bouquet of flowers and some balloons, and make a $50 gift card, then they took everything over to the guys house and delivered them. They also took pictures of his surprised and happy wife and son with all the goodies.

The guy was waiting for a reply email to let him know if Mellow Mushroom could help him out, and what the charge would be so he could send them his credit card number, and instead JP, the GM, just wrote a reply that said "We got you bro." and attached the pics of the guys wife and son.

Kudos to the folks at Mellow Mushroom! It's little acts like this that make a HUGE difference for our folks in uniform.

Bruzilla, tell your son thank you for me, that's Great to hear, that made my day, it's more people like that we need today, instead of the petty crap or divisive political stuff, we have most of the time, toward or great men &/or women in uniform, putting their life on the line, to support/protect our Constitution & way of life, back here at home... Good for them, too bad they didn't have a Pizza shop out here, I would go there, now for sure...

- - - Updated - - -

that's very cool

I've never heard of these guys but commend them 100% SUPPORT OUR VETS and WOUNDED WARRIORS!!

Auto Transport Service
Back