• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weiand 6 Pack intake

challenger_73

Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering what this intake is worth? It is a Mopar Performance Weiand 440 six pack cross ram intake. P3690981 (7252) I am considering selling this. I'm going with an Edelbrock or Mopar Performance 6 pack intake.
challenger_73
index.jpg

I have a mint one up for sale for 800. Condition and mods will determine the price.

Just a suggestion...you might get the best deal swapping with someone selling a stock intake + cash???

This picture is not mine. I will post pictures of mine later today. I was cleaning mine. I would consider a trade for an edelbrock or Mopar Performance six pack intake for a 440 that has not been modified or altered.This intake has not been modified in any way. I also have for sale an Edelbrock RPM Airgap for a small block and a Weiand Team G for a 440. The RPM Airgap was only used to break in my motor. I decided to change to a six pack. It is mint & like new. The Team G needs to be cleaned up. I am going to clean it up and paint it today. If anyone has a 6 pack intake for trade maybe we can work something out.
challenger_73

Isn't that the RAT ROASTER intake from the 70s? So named because of the effect it had on big block Chevys at the drag strip. LOL. A real good power maker on a big block, once you got the fuel distribution working properly. Chrysler even had a series of mods you had to do to it, to make it work right. I believe that even included gluing pop sickle sticks in certain spots with epoxy.

No, not a Rat Roaster. Totally different and unique manifold. Designed for SS classes early '80's IIRC.

Ya, thought the Rat Roasters were a SS race manifold to fit under the hood. Thought they also had a wedge version. The Weiand really is a neat piece. Wish I still had my 6 Pak stuff, I'd use that manifold.

I was wondering what this intake is worth? It is a Mopar Performance Weiand 440 six pack cross ram intake. P3690981 (7252) I am considering selling this. I'm going with an Edelbrock or Mopar Performance 6 pack intake.
challenger_73View attachment 521694

Hi there challenger_73, I tried to pm you but your mail box is full. I am very interested in your intake, I had the exact one on my coronet wagon and lost the car and Intake in my recent divorce. Please let me know if you still have it. Thanks... John

challenger_73View attachment 521694
I am interested in buying it for my 70 V-code 440 Roadrunner
Your message box is full.

I am interested in buying it for my 70 V-code 440 Roadrunner
Your message box is full.

I don't think that intake will clear the original roadrunner hood, it sits rather tall. I had one on my 69 coronet wagon and I couldn't use the factory hood or a bulge hood even without the air box. had to use the fiberglass six pack hood, it put the air filter about 1/4 inch from the top of the scoop.

I don't think that intake will clear the original roadrunner hood, it sits rather tall. I had one on my 69 coronet wagon and I couldn't use the factory hood or a bulge hood even without the air box. had to use the fiberglass six pack hood, it put the air filter about 1/4 inch from the top of the scoop.
Thanks. I just bought a N96 hood about 18 months ago and had it painted and installed about a year ago, so looks like I'll be keeping the Chrysler Edelbrock 6bbl aluminum intake.
Thanks.
I have read a LOT about the Weiand. It looks like it would be incredible for performance, especially in the upper RPM range and for a built motor.
Rather than comment about it, I found this to be a fascinating article:
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm

.........Rather than comment about it, I found this to be a fascinating article:......
Then you probably read this...………..
"The Weiand is taller than the original, but still clears hoods in the vehicles originally equipped with the 6 pack manifolds. Hood clearance in an A body will probably be very limited."
I believe I read something similar in one of the Mopar Performance News magazines way back in the part advertisements for the Bbody.
Lol, As far as hood clearance in an Abody the cast manifold with air cleaner is right there.

Thanks. I just bought a N96 hood about 18 months ago and had it painted and installed about a year ago, so looks like I'll be keeping the Chrysler Edelbrock 6bbl aluminum intake.
Thanks.
I have read a LOT about the Weiand. It looks like it would be incredible for performance, especially in the upper RPM range and for a built motor.
Rather than comment about it, I found this to be a fascinating article:
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm

Yes I was all over that article years ago when I first learned about the intake and got my hands on one. At the time I had a Daytona clone and planned to put the intake on that car cause in that article it states that it clears the hood on factory six pack cars. there's no difference in hood clearance between a 69 charger and a 70 vcode charger so i thought it would work. but after deciding to put it on the wagon I realized that it's insane tall and the only hood that would work was a fiberglass six pack hood. It built great power but was not very street friendly.

Auto Transport Service
Back