• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were you guys look for a B body

lee01

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I'm up north in Canada, so, I don't have a tons of choices were to look and most car are either too rotten or restored.
I'm not looking at a restored car, as i'm into running project car or driver.
I know the obvisous place like craiglist, kijiji, ebay, carsonline.
Then forum here and forabodies...any place you could recommend looking.

I never bought or look too much into US market because exchange rate, custom and distance.

Any year of model in mind?

We've seen several good projects 63-70 cross this website in the last year.

Obviously getting a Satellite cost less than a GTX or a Coronet instead of an R/T.

Still, spending 30k today on a restored car is cheaper than spending the 60k over a few years that it cost to restore a different car. Just my thoughts.

looking 71-72 mainly Satellite
No intend to restore to oe specs or spend zillion on a built, but drive it and have fun

I know too well buy nicer first its better....but I have time on my hand and still having fun fixing things and researching why

Patience you'll find one. Probably have to come from the state's though

I don't like to admit it as I prefer FBBO, but FB has a bunch of Mopar groups that advertise parts,buy, sell, trade to groups that are make model generation specific.
I've seen $100k+ Hemi cars down to $1000 parts cars for sale. I've seen some pretty good deals advertised.
May want to check it out, in your search bar you can put Mopar B Body, Dodge Coronet, Plymouth ect and see what comes up.

Facebook, not my first choice, i kinda don't like facebook....but i'm might look never know

Facebook, not my first choice, i kinda don't like facebook....but i'm might look never know
Number one place to have your indentity stolen, first place your EX wifes lawyer looks for dirt on you, first place an employer checks out, plus a lot of women talking about nothing as usual... NO thanks

Tough situation being where you are to try to buy a car. If you have friends or family in the states that could be a help then if they're not versed on what to look for on a car's condition that sort of negates that unless they know someone that does. An ancient car that's touted as an original unrestored or survivor car can be trickier than one that's been quality restored. The careful ones document their work mostly with photos showing the car in its various stages of restoration both body and mechanical. My car is from southern CA never saw road salt and stored for years in a heated garage. I still had a few areas of rusting that had to be cut out and new metal pieced in. I was surprised as **** as it didn't look like it until removing all the paint inside and out. The other stuff is its mechanics that could need significant work, suspension, lines, etc. then obviously the motor and what could take money and bucks to redo...ask me how I know...lol. As you continue your hunt for the '71-'72 I'm sure the experts on the forum can tell you what to be on the watch for with that car; every car has their more vulnerable or weak spots as I found out with past cars and my '63 Fury. If you haven't already do value pricing for the car based on condition and what you can spend. I dumped around $45k in mine paying $5,500 for it many years ago..

I think there are better deals on finished cars than on project cars, but the cars need to be inspected to make sure the work had been done correctly. Keep looking and asking around, never know what might pop up?

As much as I do not visit there for all the reasons that have been mentioned here in several posts, do not overlook the for sale section on Moparts.com

Auto Transport Service
Back