• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the differences between the 68 and 69 Superbee?

Baca upholstery in Tucson might repair that for less than $200
You think it can be repaired? It looks like the fabric itself pulled apart. Well, if I get the car, I will sure take a look at it and use your suggestion if possible!

Hey guys, it the pictures, you saw some rust bubbles near the driver A pillar and near the bottom rear window trim. From your experience, are these normal places to see rust? Is there anything else I should look for? From the pictures and what my buddy Larry said, he did not see any rust on the rockers or lower quarter panels or fenders, at least on the driver side. The other side was too close to the wall to get pictures. Larry says the plan is to get back over there and try and air up the tires and roll it out, wash the car and get some more pics. I will share those when I have them. Also, one new wrinkle. Larry says Jerry (the owner) it waffling a bit on selling the car, but he thinks he will eventually sell it. The are going to get together soon and talk it over and I will let you all know what I hear!

That instrument panel is beautiful for being half a century old! It clearly hasn't been washed by many UV rays.
FYI, Larry told me there is one small crack in the dash near the passenger door, but yes, I agree, that instrument panel looks really nice. I believe this is a Charger ralley dash, is that correct?

FYI, Larry told me there is one small crack in the dash near the passenger door, but yes, I agree, that instrument panel looks really nice. I believe this is a Charger ralley dash, is that correct?
Yes it is the same dash as the Charger. Standard equipment in the Superbee.

Just wanted to update the thread. The seller of the 68 Superbee (Jerry) is waffling on selling the car. I do not know the details, but I know his long time girlfriend just had surgery and came home late last week. I also know that he was going to check with a Mopar buddy on value before making a decision. My buddy Larry told me that Jerry was worried about pissing me and/or Larry off because he has not yet made a decision. Larry is not the kind of guy to get pissed over something like this, and neither am I at this point in life. Many years ago, I would have been all wound up about it, but not these days. Just getting older, wiser, and have my priorities set. I did call the seller and left a message letting him know that no one is pissed off. It is his car, and if he wants to sell it, I would like to buy it if we can agree on a price. I also told him that if he decides not to sell it, that I could understand that. I finished with saying that if he did decide to sell to please let me or my Buddy Larry know and we would make it happen. Jerry and my buddy Larry worked together for 30 years and are still friends. They run in to each other every week or two, so the plan is to let the deal marinate for a while and see what happens. I will keep you all posted!

Silver looks good on the car & a stripe would really make it look sharp. Good luck!

Silver looks good on the car & a stripe would really make it look sharp. Good luck!
I totally agree! The silver that is on it right now is a Corvette silver (I would really like to get a picture of it when it is clean). For whatever reason after Jerry bought the car, one of the first things he did was remove what I believe was a black stripe decal and the Scat Pak emblems on the trunk and grille as well as the Dodge letters on the grille. From what he told me, he still has the emblems and the letters. I sure hope he decides to sell me the car!

Last edited:
Just an update from yesterday. My buddy Larry spoke to the 68 Superbee owner Jerry on Sunday and the short story is that he is still pondering whether or not he wants to sell. My buddy Larry has a next door neighbor also named Larry and neighbor Larry has a boat that Jerry is interested in, so my buddy Larry is trying to facilitate a deal where Jerry get the boat, I get the Superbee and neighbor Larry gets some cash for the boat! I don't know if this is going to work, but my buddy Larry and I agreed to be patient, and I will check back with him on a weekly basis. In the mean time, he will keep working toward some kind of a deal where I buy the Superbee. We will just have to see how it goes!!!

Just an update from yesterday. My buddy Larry spoke to the 68 Superbee owner Jerry on Sunday and the short story is that he is still pondering whether or not he wants to sell. My buddy Larry has a next door neighbor also named Larry and neighbor Larry has a boat that Jerry is interested in, so my buddy Larry is trying to facilitate a deal where Jerry get the boat, I get the Superbee and neighbor Larry gets some cash for the boat! I don't know if this is going to work, but my buddy Larry and I agreed to be patient, and I will check back with him on a weekly basis. In the mean time, he will keep working toward some kind of a deal where I buy the Superbee. We will just have to see how it goes!!!
Sounds like friend Larry needs an agent's fee for to facilitate before the trade deadline.

Sounds like friend Larry needs an agent's fee for to facilitate before the trade deadline.
Larry is the kind of guy who would do almost anything for almost a complete stranger. In the past, I bought him a new computer, and when I lived in the same city, I would maintain that computer for him. Now that we live 1500 miles apart, I have already made up my mind to send him some cash for his efforts on this deal whether or not I can buy the car. For some reason he really wants to see this car go to me. He has also offered to get it running (if I can buy it) so it will be much easier to get a transport company. Hell, he is as excited about this car as I am if not more! Larry is a Corvette guy, but he did help me with my 1967 GTX clone which was his first Mopar to work on. Later on, he got hired by a guy who had 5 high dollar cars that had just been sitting for years to get them prepped for auction at Barrett/Jackson. One of them was an AAR Cuda. Larry told me that it was one of the baddest cars he had ever driven (of course he had to test drive, right?) Anyhow, they all sold for a loss except the AAR Cuda which the owner actually made some money on. I think there was a Corvette, a Chevelle, a Porsche and something else beside the AAR Cuda. Larry has a little different feeling about Mopars these days. I would say a new found appreciation! As for the deadline, sooner than later would be fine with me, but for once in my life, I am going to be patient and let this thing just take it's course. Larry and Jerry have known each other since the early 70's and they worked together for 30 years, so I am going to back off and let Larry and Jerry hash it out in their own way. If it does not work out, so be it, but if it does, I will be a pretty happy guy!

My buddy Larry has a next door neighbor also named Larry

BioImageLARRY.jpg

IMG_0705.JPG

Yeah, I know. I am pretty sure you guys are probably tired of hearing about this, but what the hell. As of a few days ago, Jerry the original owner of the 68 Superbee I am lusting over told my buddy Larry that he is still thinking about whether or not to sell me the car. I am taking that is not a "No" and I am going to continue to pursue this car until I get a "No! Stop bothering me!", but I am not going to be pushy about it. I know some of you do not think the car is worth much, but I really like it and I want it! By the way, is it Superbee or Super Bee??? Attaching a pic to remind you of what I am chasing.

Last edited:
I'd go silent for several months and see if he contacts you. Then you can take control of the negotiation and be straightforward.

View attachment 659205

Yeah, I know. I am pretty sure you guys are probably tired of hearing about this, but what the hell. As of a few days ago, Jerry the original owner of the 68 Superbee I am lusting over told my buddy Larry that he is still thinking about whether or not to sell me the car. I am taking that is not a "No" and I am going to continue to pursue this car until I get a "No! Stop bothering me!", but I am not going to be pushy about it. I know some of you do not think the car is worth much, but I really like it and I want it! By the way, is it Superbee or Super Bee??? Attaching a pic to remind you of what I am chasing.
Either/or; or just “the Bee”(?)(less typing,lol). I agree, don’t talk about it for awhile(bad karma)

I'd go silent for several months and see if he contacts you. Then you can take control of the negotiation and be straightforward.
Good suggestion! I am basically leaving him alone for a month or more at a time now. The wildcard is my buddy Larry. He and Jerry are friends and they visit each other at their respective homes and the Super Bee comes up in their conversations. We will see what happens.

I did a search of the forums and did not find a clear answer to my question below, plus I have another question. First, what is the most reasonable 15" wheel/tire combination that will fit for a stock 68/69 Coronet. I believe the original wheel/tire size was 14x5.5 wheel with an F70x14 tire. Second question, what are your thoughts leaving the stock tire/wheel size as opposed to moving up to a 15" combination?

Move to a 15" Magnum with some Redline Radials.

15" will give you a few more tire options and fill the wheelhouses a little better.

Do what you think looks best.

I did a search of the forums and did not find a clear answer to my question below, plus I have another question. First, what is the most reasonable 15" wheel/tire combination that will fit for a stock 68/69 Coronet. I believe the original wheel/tire size was 14x5.5 wheel with an F70x14 tire. Second question, what are your thoughts leaving the stock tire/wheel size as opposed to moving up to a 15" combination?
Search seems very specific. Here's my post. These are about the biggest 15" wheel/tire combo for the back. The front may be bigger with a different offset, however.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...-1969-coronet-r-t-today.58067/#post-909935051

Auto Transport Service
Back