• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what color should i paint my 69 road runner ????????

if you plan to sell go with the orig color if you plan to keep it for a long time go with something you like ! I changed mine to drk burnt orange but Ive owned it for 19 yrs already plan to keep it till I die!

engine compartment painted 006.jpg

Mine was FE5 red from the factory.The car was repainted 5 years ago by a previous owner.Now its In violet or plum crazy not my first choice in color but alot better than the nasty red.

Purple Runner.jpg

That 69 yellow is my favorite color on a 69 road Runner (specially if it had a tan interior). But everyone has their own opinions, so I'll just say any color that is correct for 69 except any shade of Green. Sometimes it seems that all Mopars of that era came standard in green and any other color had to be special ordered. Don't put any more green ones into the mix, the factory did too many green ones as it is. The 69 silver is a pretty color and I think a little darker than the 68 silver. Silver looks great with red interior and if you go silver, I would do the optional upper body side stripes in red as well.

You are driving it make yourself happy , Dont worry about anyone else's bias's . I am at the same point in my car finally got the metal work done and the primer is almost ready. There all good colors on a b-body right :penguins paint pixiBest wishes! Clay Dots

untitledcar2.jpg

About 20 years ago I bought a silver 1964 Corvette that needed restoration. I painted it red and regretted it from day 2. Red Vettes are everywhere! REALLY wish I had kept it silver.

I bought a new Vit C RR in 1969 after finishing flight school in the Army. My first new car. I love the Vit C orange with white interior. I bought a 1969 RR about a week ago in yellow. If I were to repaint it I would stay with the yellow even though I love the Vit C orange.

if you plan to sell go with the orig color if you plan to keep it for a long time go with something you like ! I changed mine to drk burnt orange but Ive owned it for 19 yrs already plan to keep it till I die!

Awesome color !

Do you have the fender tag/build sheet? If not, I'd say paint it any color that was offered in '69! It's a tougher decision if you have the tag.

Paint it any color you want........now days the choices of custom colors are limitless......check out some of the custom paint jobs at the local car shows.........do something different....make it your own..........just one opinion

Here's my 2 cents. Having looked for a '69 RR for several years and having passed on a Vit. C orange one a couple years ago. The one I found was a bright yellow. Not a true mopar color but none the less. It's sitting in my garage and I look at it almost everyday and it makes me smile. You are the one that's paying the CAASH to paint it. So paint it whatever color that will make you happy. P1030275.jpg

You know, if the car was originally yellow, it would be easy for me. Go back to original, cause it's yellow, and thats a great color for the car. If it were that gnarly Bronze, or dark green, I'd change it.

But since you're starting with a good stock color, I'd stick with it, plus it will be easier.

However, I must admit, I have a 68 that was originally Silver, and I'm going charcoal grey with it, because IT'S MINE AND I CAN hahahah

Also, I keep this at my desk, so I guess I'm used to the yellow.

http://imgur.com/QZTaKNm

This post is four years old, its my guess car has been painted by now...

Yellow of some sort. You can "get away" with a change as long as it's still "yellow". IMO.
Oh, it helps that I like yellow.

PLEASE no more orange Runners!:no:
I think there are more orange birds now than there was in the 70's!!

My vote would be for B7 blue, but that's because I'm infatuated with the color. I've painted just about everything with a rattle-can of B7 that I got from my local parts store (they can do bomb-can by code!)... But, of the colors listed, I'd go either Y2 or a custom dark silver...

- CK

Auto Transport Service
Back