• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what da *^&$

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
5th clutch in the hotrod... i have never seen a clutch cover do this...the whole face of it is like this.... it only .003 to clean up the flywheel. all good tho. i have more.lol

img (35).jpg

did it sit for a long time with rust on the surface ?

It's a Long style clutch. What are you doing with a Ford Clutch?

did it sit for a long time with rust on the surface ?
you would think it was on the titanic.. i put it in about 8 months ago... was new. just started slipping a few rides later.... flywheel looks like i turned it yesterday... post covid parts i guess. 5th clutch in just over 3 years. something is going on . just ain't found it yet...... yet.

If you want a cheap clutch, I put one of those 3-puck ceramic puck style in my 84 Capri off ebay, but it was 15 years ago. Pedal was stiff(very noticeable) but it held the 351W in that car where the Ford King Cobra couldn't even try and ceramic can't rust.
Just a thought.

Your SC? WTF is that?
LOL... SC 360 hornet. And before you say it... It was a question on a problem I'm guessing others have had and was looking for a answer as to how .

If you want a cheap clutch, I put one of those 3-puck ceramic puck style in my 84 Capri off ebay, but it was 15 years ago. Pedal was stiff(very noticeable) but it held the 351W in that car where the Ford King Cobra couldn't even try and ceramic can't rust.
Just a thought.
Parts for this red headed mopar step child are getting costly when ya can find them. I got the last 2 11in kits in the country from Napa today. Will be here in the morning. Going to try a trick I did back in the day and see.

LOL... SC 360 hornet. And before you say it... It was a question on a problem I'm guessing others have had and was looking for a answer as to how .
That photo you posted shows a chunk missing on the pp? New or rebuilt?

That photo you posted shows a chunk missing on the pp? New or rebuilt?
Yes... Like that all over it. Thats the real bad spot. don't remember if it was new or rebuilt. is a BW unit. There going to get back to me.... lol

Auto Transport Service
Back