• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

After spending a few hours harvesting beans. 4 of these hampers later. Processed and stuffed in freezer.

received_854338945526852.jpeg

Spending a wonderful day at the lake….not :lol: . I’m an electrician, we’re wiring a house on Possum Kingdom Lake, so I’m watching all the boaters have fun. If I see any bikini clad women I’ll post in the appropriate threads.

E90EA43C-DFB3-4047-950C-987DE3243813.jpeg

The last couple days have gone like this:
Had ONE (long!) day to swap out a 12kV switch arrangement....Had my guys on site at the buttcrack of dawn so donuts and coffee were on me!
View attachment 1317981

View attachment 1317982

....I really don't mind working from dark to dark...especially if I'm gonna f**k off the next day! (or couple of days:D)

View attachment 1317984

View attachment 1317985

View attachment 1317989

67 and sunny over in the Bay Area, but 107 here at the house....oh well nothing new!:p

View attachment 1317996

The Oakland A's - in the early '70s, they were MY team! Loved everything about them! I can still recite the entire 1973 lineup. Legends like Rolllie Fingers, Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter and Vida Blue, to start with! Legendary team, right there. Back when baseball was THE game! No pro teams within a thousand mikes of me back then (quite literally!), so I gleaned onto the A's and the Dodgers as the teams to watch.

I really miss those days of the game.

Last edited:
Went to the grocery store around 7am and found chicken thighs on sale for 99 cents. I already have several packages so I called my step daughter (my blood daughters don't care) and she said to get 4 packages and I did. Came home and 'pud' up the groceries and then went to buy a used battery for the 96 Dakota and got side swiped on the way home in my beater 95 GT (green thang). No damage to mine but there was to her Kia Soul since she mainly ran into my rear tire. Got a bit of paint transfer about mid way into the driver's door and a bit on the lower cab but no metal damage. Man, they must be made of paper. Then cleaned my RN pool (red neck) and got a 'new' burn pit really to go. A couple of beers hasn't hurt anything either.....yet.

Went to the grocery store around 7am and found chicken thighs on sale for 99 cents. I already have several packages so I called my step daughter (my blood daughters don't care) and she said to get 4 packages and I did. Came home and 'pud' up the groceries and then went to buy a used battery for the 96 Dakota and got side swiped on the way home in my beater 95 GT (green thang). No damage to mine but there was to her Kia Soul since she mainly ran into my rear tire. Got a bit of paint transfer about mid way into the driver's door and a bit on the lower cab but no metal damage. Man, they must be made of paper. Then cleaned my RN pool (red neck) and got a 'new' burn pit really to go. A couple of beers hasn't hurt anything either.....yet.
Never a good day when you get into a car accident - sorry to hear that but glad you are OK. Likely the doctor would order an extra beer for tonight, so go for it! :drinks:

The wife and I went to the grocery store today. It was a special day. I've had every test you can do. Scopes up one end and down the other end. Pancreas scoped, cat scan, MRI's ultrasounds, X-rays, blood tests, endoscope, echocardiogram and in two weeks my cardiologist ordered a stress test. All this because I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and things have not been right since. Now my ankles swell up, but not in the morning when I get up, but during the day, it's not my heart, it's my thyroid, Hypothyroidism. I've gained weight and don't even have to eat. My cardiologist has me on a 6 day a week, 45 minute, 3 mile walk on my tread mill. So why was this a special day at the grocery store, I bought whatever the **** I wanted to eat, I'm not dying. Only for this week and then back to the real world.

The wife and I went to the grocery store today. It was a special day. I've had every test you can do. Scopes up one end and down the other end. Pancreas scoped, cat scan, MRI's ultrasounds, X-rays, blood tests, endoscope, echocardiogram and in two weeks my cardiologist ordered a stress test. All this because I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and things have not been right since. Now my ankles swell up, but not in the morning when I get up, but during the day, it's not my heart, it's my thyroid, Hypothyroidism. I've gained weight and don't even have to eat. My cardiologist has me on a 6 day a week, 45 minute, 3 mile walk on my tread mill. So why was this a special day at the grocery store, I bought whatever the **** I wanted to eat, I'm not dying. Only for this week and then back to the real world.
So it sounds like they found the issue, and if I remember correctly, hypothyroidism can be handled with a pill each day?
I'm glad to hear they found the issue!

I think everyone needs to be able to have an occasional meal where they eat stuff they really like even though it is supposed to be bad for you. If you eat $hit foods all the time that is bad, but every once in a while does a soul good!

I agree and yes, I'm taking a pill now, but it can take a few tries to get the dosage right. Now I have twenty five or so pounds to lose. I went from 190 to 220. I have never weighed over 195.

Gotta pick up my '01 Ram after work today. Skip (my mechanic for those things I just don't tackle anymore!) was going to replace the passenger side rear axle bearing and fix that LOUD bearing noise. Well...turns out the roached bearing grooved the axle up, so he ordered a new axle, The new axle, made of Chinesium, would not fit. No way, no how. He ordered another, which arrives this morning. We'll see what happens there. Bonus for no other damage to the diff or the other side. Great fun.

It was 104 degrees yesterday. I simply can't tolerate the heat anymore. In the '80s and '90s, when I was active duty, we'd listen to the ATC frequency for the last 30 minutes of our flights. They'd come back with a temperature of 50 degrees...Celcius! That equals 122 F degrees ambient air temperature. THe so-called "heat index" doesn't matter a whit then! The 160 degrees of the flight line and asphalt didn't really bother me. Drove lots of vehicles with marginal or no A/C in them. But now? I need a cave in Montana to summer in, and move back here for October thru April.

Gotta pick up my '01 Ram after work today. Skip (my mechanic for those things I just don't tackle anymore!) was going to replace the passenger side rear axle bearing and fix that LOUD bearing noise. Well...turns out the roached bearing grooved the axle up, so he ordered a new axle, The new axle, made of Chinesium, would not fit. No way, no how. He ordered another, which arrives this morning. We'll see what happens there. Bonus for no other damage to the diff or the other side. Great fun.

It was 104 degrees yesterday. I simply can't tolerate the heat anymore. In the '80s and '90s, when I was active duty, we'd listen to the ATC frequency for the last 30 minutes of our flights. They'd come back with a temperature of 50 degrees...Celcius! That equals 122 F degrees ambient air temperature. THe so-called "heat index" doesn't matter a whit then! The 160 degrees of the flight line and asphalt didn't really bother me. Drove lots of vehicles with marginal or no A/C in them. But now? I need a cave in Montana to summer in, and move back here for October thru April.
I know the feeling! Have to wet myself down and stay in the shade at 95 and slow down a lot once the temp gets close to 100. It hit 99 here yesterday. Got into the Red Neck pool twice and tossed in the towel after drying off the 2nd time. Was going to watch the game but fell asleep in my easy chair after having a bite to eat and woke up at 11p.

I know the feeling! Have to wet myself down and stay in the shade at 95 and slow down a lot once the temp gets close to 100. It hit 99 here yesterday. Got into the Red Neck pool twice and tossed in the towel after drying off the 2nd time. Was going to watch the game but fell asleep in my easy chair after having a bite to eat and woke up at 11p.
The most important part....... you woke up...........

Got my '01 back yesterday. I took it to a friend's shop for the axle bearing replacement. The RR axle was indeed bad, as the bearing shelled and then grooved the axle itself; but fortunately did not damage the axle housing. Bad news is that was just a part of the noise that I still have. When I went to the transmission shop last week for a diagnosis, he said the trans was fine, and the axle bearing was the culprit. He's specialized in transmissions since 1979 and came highly recommended from several sources, so he says it's not the tranny, cool.

Tomorrow, I'm driving it to another transmission guy for a second opinion. My friend priced a transmission from Jasper's and it's $4,350 with
a new converter, and includes my friend doing the installation. It comes with a 3yr/100Kmi warranty. I'll see what Brett says tomorrow..

I have maybe $6K total in this Ram, altogether. It has zero rust (this is Oklahoma, after all!), runs beautifully, and everything else on the truck operates perfectly. Putting another $5K in this might seem a waste to some of you, but considering a late model USED truck is $20K and up (no guarantees there!), it's worth putting the money into this one.

Now, it's finding the money without borrowing and leaving myself vulnerable. Thankfully, my wife's Buick and my VW are doing fine.

good friend and I rode our bikes to Waynesboro va had lunch at The River burger bar. Then proceeded to ride skyline drive all the way north to front royal then home.

20220730_203125.jpg

20220730_203144.jpg

20220730_203158.jpg

20220730_203216.jpg

I was stripping all day. Removing powder coat with an angle grinder and an Eastwood contour sander

E884F20F-45AB-48FE-983E-D0E69A210E24.jpeg

Played gofor with my son today. He is painting the out side of his house the semi smart way. First time home owner.

659F8BB1-17B0-4F5C-8011-E177705AF4E8.jpeg

Yes it is. Did it with two houses. I am the guy sitting in the shade taking the pictures. LOL
My house was abandoned for at least 15 years. Someone thought throwing rocks through windows would be fun. Everyone told me to bulldoze it, $2k and several months of hard work later I’m living in it. Still a long way to go, but how many 25 year olds own a house, 4 acres, and 3 cars!
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back