• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Looks nice. Must be a family heirloom.
Not really.
I never liked the look of fire pits. Franklin stoves open up like a fireplace, so I prefer that look when sitting around the fire. You can get the things for free around here because the insurance companies made everyone remove them from their house due to perceived fire hazard.
I only went to all the trouble to pull it out of the river because it had to be removed for safety reasons. I didn't want the grand kids jumping off the dock and getting hurt not knowing it is there.

My burn pit for this evening.....and old Anheuser Busch SS steel kegger. It's gotta be 50 years or so old......

-140879820907226079.jpg

Well, I know this thread is about 'not' what you did to your car....but I actually worked on mine today!! :D Feels good because made some headway on it.

Went to my brothers place in the country, his get away. I had a blast!! It's borders the Mark Twain national forest down by Steelville Mo.
20221117_142109 (2).jpg

It has a creek on it with a low water bridge.
20221117_112151.jpg

20221117_112132.jpg

Picture taken left and right while parked on the bridge. Looks like tap water, it's so clear, Spring fed.
20221117_130211.jpg

Two spring fed ponds. This one had ice on it.
20221117_131535.jpg

He made a road thru the middle of it. Standing in the road looking left and right.
20221117_132406.jpg

20221117_141628.jpg

High point looking across. Those are pine trees, there were pine trees so thick you couldn't walk it. They were 5 to about 7 foot tall and side by side. everything in the picture was Brush hogged
20221117_132909.jpg

My brother.
20221117_132956.jpg

20221117_133750.jpg

His new toy and the new side by side is on it's way.

20221117_141900.jpg

Me in the deer stand, my brother with two of the neighbors three dogs. The property is full of ginger and some other roots that his neighbor was picking and making some extra money. The neighbor said, at the right time of the year his land yields some of the best Morel in the area. The trees have never been harvested and there is a fortune worth standing in his wooded portion.
20221117_155747.jpg

20221117_152513.jpg

The end of the road he built, stops at his back yard.
20221117_152444.jpg

A few miles from his place, the Black River. His friend owns a 1/4 mile on both sides of it.
20221117_103641.jpg

20221117_103053.jpg

His living room.
20221117_114036.jpg

We ate at this place, you pick your food, eat in the caboose and tell them what you ate and pay them on your way out the door.
20221117_154448.jpg

It was a great day and I'll be going back to play again. He'll play with it till he's bored with it and then give it to the grand kids. My brother has a bucket list and the farm was on it. A few years ago he rode his motorcycle up to Canada, across Canada on a ferry for a few days and rode the rest of the way to Alaska. He was gone a month, another thing on his bucket list along with driving from one end of Europe to the other which he did a few years before that. He's made a great life for himself, he's 7 years older than I am and I have followed his lead most of my life. Life is good for a couple guys that started out shitting in a outhouse in the prairies of Canada, foreigners their from Germany. LOL I truly am blessed. I wish my father, mother and son could have been here to share, that would make my life complete...............

Plowed snow again!! and then went to load up the Bird and almost forgot I hadn't finished installing the new trailer vent covers. Only 3 forkin years old and they turned to dust and blew off the trailer while it sat in the yard this Summer. Got both done and loaded the Bird so she's ready to go. A lot easier loading with no door! LOL
superbirdbentdoorpt4 001.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt4 003.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt4 005.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt4 007.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt4 027.jpg

View attachment 1375346
Me in the deer stand, my brother with two of the neighbors three dogs. The property is full of ginger and some other roots that his neighbor was picking and making some extra money. The neighbor said, at the right time of the year his land yields some of the best Morel in the area. The trees have never been harvested and there is a fortune worth standing in his wooded portion.
View attachment 1375348
View attachment 1375349
The end of the road he built, stops at his back yard.
View attachment 1375350
A few miles from his place, the Black River. His friend owns a 1/4 mile on both sides of it.
View attachment 1375351

View attachment 1375352

His living room.
View attachment 1375353
We ate at this place, you pick your food, eat in the caboose and tell them what you ate and pay them on your way out the door.
View attachment 1375354
It was a great day and I'll be going back to play again. He'll play with it till he's bored with it and then give it to the grand kids. My brother has a bucket list and the farm was on it. A few years ago he rode his motorcycle up to Canada, across Canada on a ferry for a few days and rode the rest of the way to Alaska. He was gone a month, another thing on his bucket list along with driving from one end of Europe to the other which he did a few years before that. He's made a great life for himself, he's 7 years older than I am and I have followed his lead most of my life. Life is good for a couple guys that started out shitting in a outhouse in the prairies of Canada, foreigners their from Germany. LOL I truly am blessed. I wish my father, mother and son could have been here to share, that would make my life complete...............
Okay I’ll bite, where in the prairies ? Do you remember what year and his actual route?

Chilli cook-off at church tomorrow. So today I'm working on "over the top" Chilli. Elk roast, Bufflehead, Redhead and Jimmy Dean(one hot one regular and a pound of bacon. About to smoke this for a few hours. I hope I win, a lady that owns a restaurant uses th Waygu beef or whatever. Shes won the last 4 years, I want bragging rights, don't care about the 50$.
20221119_150033.jpg

We lived in Regina Saskatchewan. I remember the address was 273 Ottawa street. My brother went back to visit 10 or so years ago and the house was gone and a new one built on the double lot. The old guy next door still lived there, but life there has changed. When we lived there the outskirts of town just ran into flat prairie land for miles where my father worked building homes. I remember the wind blowing drifts 4 to 6 foot over night and so cold it could kill a man not dressed for it, 35 plus below zero. We had outhouses in the back yard by the alley and the city came by to empty this big pot through a door in back in the outhouse. As a matter of fact, there were community water spigots up and down the street the first year we moved there and the sidewalks were wood. The year was 1957. You can't make this stuff up!!

Are we talking about my brothers trip?
We lived in Regina Saskatchewan. I remember the address was 273 Ottawa street. My brother went back to visit 10 or so years ago and the house was gone and a new one built on the double lot. The old guy next door still lived there, but life there has changed. When we lived there the outskirts of town just ran into flat prairie land for miles where my father worked building homes. I remember the wind blowing drifts 4 to 6 foot over night and so cold it could kill a man not dressed for it, 35 plus below zero. We had outhouses in the back yard by the alley and the city came by to empty this big pot through a door in back in the outhouse. As a matter of fact, there were community water spigots up and down the street the first year we moved there and the sidewalks were wood. The year was 1957. You can't make this stuff up!!
On June 10th 1957 I went into the Regina General Hospital Red Cross Wing South, had surgery on both feet on June 14th, finally got out of the hospital to go home on September 18th. Did have a few day trips out with relatives that lived on 701 King street, they had an outhouse. Our oldest son was born in Regina, we moved to Saskatoon in 1970 after living in Regina for three years.

Are we talking about my brothers trip?
Yes I was thinking about his trip. My wife and cousins had been gathering at a selected place every four years, for some time, some were from as far away as Florida.
2016 we held it here. Chartered a bus to go to see their Grandparents farm near Yorkton Saskatchewan. Halfway there we made a pitstop . Met this American on a motorcycle who was heading home. If I remember correctly he headed west to maybe California, up the coast to British Columbia. Ferry to Alaska, down the Alaska highway, through Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and head south to home. He wasn’t on a Harley. Said he was having a great trip meeting people when he stopped at places.
I realize it wouldn’t have been your brother though.

So Elk and Ducks are done, my daughter keeps stealing pieces! Gotta put em back in the hotub of Chilli on the smoker when the Sausage is done smoking.
20221119_194740.jpg

Yes I was thinking about his trip. My wife and cousins had been gathering at a selected place every four years, for some time, some were from as far away as Florida.
2016 we held it here. Chartered a bus to go to see their Grandparents farm near Yorkton Saskatchewan. Halfway there we made a pitstop . Met this American on a motorcycle who was heading home. If I remember correctly he headed west to maybe California, up the coast to British Columbia. Ferry to Alaska, down the Alaska highway, through Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and head south to home. He wasn’t on a Harley. Said he was having a great trip meeting people when he stopped at places.
I realize it wouldn’t have been your brother though.
No doubt about it, we were in the same place at the same time, small world.
My brothers trip was in 2014 and he did have a Harley road king, but, he never left the state with it. His road bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 nomad. He traveled the whole country with it several times. After not being able to travel the Alaskan highway as far as he would like to have, he bought a V - Strom when he got home and sold his Vulcan a few years later. It had 69 thousand miles on it. He sold the Harley not long ago and still has the V- Strom. This picture was taken by his wife, they'd traveled to EVERY state in this country on that bike. My brother and his bucket list!!
0000.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back