• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Spent all day doing Cisco courses to get continuing education credits for a certification that expires in June. Done, it should renew now for 3 more years.

I don't miss that AT ALL.

My MCP and A+/Net+ are so old they don't expire!

I don't miss that AT ALL.

My MCP and A+/Net+ are so old they don't expire!
This will get me to retirement. Also got MCSE, RHCSA, and CISSP to maintain.

Yep, don't miss any of that.

I can retire in 3 years, too.

We should toast to that.

I got a Guinness draught nitro.

Here's to us!!

:drinks:

20230114_131715[1].jpg
20230114_131650[1].jpg

Bought some galvanized "decking" Thursday on Marketplace and had the guy deliver it from 3 hours away today. Now I can finally deck around our back porch and the rain can drip off the roof and right through!
20230121_142819.jpg

May have gained us another member if he signs in like I told him to. The seller has this gorgeous '73 Runner.
Ryanroadrunnerorangeville.jpg

Made some new remixes for a rave I'm playing at tonight.

It snowed last night so I'm not doing anything with frozen cars today.

20230121_150919.jpg

Last edited:
Traded a 16g double barrel shot gun for a heater and some money. The heater had been in a storage room and was nasty dirty and it stank when on so clean it up and now most of that stank is gone. Using it in my shop for the time being to burn off the rest of that stank....

Some of you may recall I picked up a lathe middle of last year... One of the things it didn't come with is a steady rest... I have a project coming that's gonna require one... I've been looking but haven't found a used OE unit for sale anywhere, not currently available new & if it were the price would be more than I paid for the lathe...

I've looked at a few used ones not intended for my lathe but it'll take a good bit of work to adapt so rather than spend $700 and still need to adapt one I've been gathering scraps and in spare time the past few days I built this.... Not done yet but getting close....

IMG_7665.jpg

3548FB61-B952-4DBD-82B9-7027D6D8A3F6.jpeg

Old water service entrance in my house.
15C8E98D-2A5C-4405-8BE5-B3F442CD624A.png

New service piping and valves installed this week.
C0D2D920-721A-451A-A32B-6557C0D3129B.png

Last week, installed new water treatment system equipment. The system injects hydrogen peroxide into the incoming well water and this takes dissolved iron and hydrogen sulfide gas out of the water via a carbon filter. The water then goes through a standard water softener, which I will likely put on standby duty.
D2E4EA27-A94B-4DF8-9211-49CC6D9DCA65.jpeg

Last month I finished building doors for my barn.

Cleaned up under the carport that's behind my shop yesterday and fixed a couple of things that got moved around from the tornado on Tuesday. Have some small branches to pick up from the yard but it's still pretty wet....and there's another front coming so the branches can lay there and welcome the next round of branches that are about to fall. The weather guessers are predicting rain for the next 6 days.

Finally! Done with my daughters barn door. What a pain, but better than store bought junk. Oak is freaking heavy, having a beer watching snow fall. Might give the kiddo some laps around the house later on the Indy.

PXL_20230128_223902382.jpg

PXL_20230128_223821888.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back