• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Nah...
I just find some people are strange about their cars, as if water is going to dissolve them. I run into these types at car shows sometimes. I can only guess that they never drive their cars hard, never peel out or take a corner at a speed faster than a walk and I find that really sad.
I didn't mean to infer that Wayne did that, just that some do and I cannot relate to that mindset at all.

Me and my "trailer queen".. :eek: It's just a f'n car... :)
beedriveapril272020 003.JPG

Is the one that blew up USA made? The one I have is MUCH older and well....going to keep on using it. Were you wearing shorts?
I honestly don't know. No markings on the bottle itself. If I had to guess...

Yep, shorts. Never occurred to me that I was working with a potential IED...

Nah...
I just find some people are strange about their cars, as if water is going to dissolve them. I run into these types at car shows sometimes. I can only guess that they never drive their cars hard, never peel out or take a corner at a speed faster than a walk and I find that really sad.
I didn't mean to infer that Wayne did that, just that some do and I cannot relate to that mindset at all.
Didn't intend for my 70 Challenger to never see water but one day someone was talking about his car hadn't been washed in a long time so it got me to thinking how long it had been since mine was washed....and it was several years. Wasn't intentional either lol.

I honestly don't know. No markings on the bottle itself. If I had to guess...

Yep, shorts. Never occurred to me that I was working with a potential IED...
Anything with pressure can be a potential IED! First time I used a garden sprayer I was wearing shorts and felt some over spray and well, didn't care for that so I always used long sleeve shirts and long pants from then on but never really thought much about one blowing up. Used to take the safety out and cleaned it from time to time and made sure it wasn't sticking. That was on a big bottle....2 1/2 gallon iirc and I even installed a valve stem in the thing for easier and quicker pressure fills. How dangerous was that lol. These days I have a 1 gallon bottle but noticed it has some 'garage rash' on it. Might be time to get rid of it or hook it up my compressor to it and see how much it'll take before it blows :D Also, this little one doesn't have a pressure relief valve on it. I do know that a 2 liter coke bottle will take around 150psi before it goes and dragging a good scratch down the side will usually let it go around 90psi :D

Yeah this was a material failure. It had a plastic hand-plunger pump to pressurize it, and it was still easy to pump so I know it hadn't built up a ton of internal pressure.

Could have been worse, at least I didn't have it hanging from the shoulder strap!

Never a dull moment in my life....

That's awesome Devin!! Where are you?
Unfortunately Tennessee on our way home, honestly I'll be glad to be home but work Monday.. NO!!

We stayed in Ft Walton just east of Pensacola Florida, beautiful beaches but the traffic around that area is terrible! I saw a window sticker that read "the locals hate you".. I thought what a dick but by the time I left I was 100% with them.. I'd hate us too!

Traffic all the way around was horrible, the trip down was great until Alabama which was stop and go the whole way there.. added a couple hours! We left early this morning and drove through 4 hours of non-stop rain followed by stop and go in Tennessee.. can't seem to win. Can't wait to get back to the slow life and no traffic.

Apartment passed final inspection, now to clean, and wait for the eviction moratorium to go away so I can hunt for tenants.

Spraying Sevin on some leland cypress trees, to kill bag worms, and....

View attachment 1126100

BOOM. I guess the old plastic had a lower failure point than the relief valve.

View attachment 1126101

Right next to my leg. Rinsed, washed, rinsed, washed...called the 800# to be safe...all good.

Bonus points if you find all 5 pieces of shrapnel!

View attachment 1126103

The noise it made...I thought my gun had gone off. Right around a 7.5 on the pucker-meter....
Holy cow, I better throw a few out! Was yours exposed to UV's?

Was yours exposed to UV's?

Not really. Hung on a hook in the garage. Maybe I should have rinsed the Sevin out of it after every use - perhaps the chemical weakened the plastic?

Holy cow, I better throw a few out!

That's why I wrote "6-18-21 / 5 years" on the new one!

...and today's work (so far) - set up the sound system to prep for a show tonight.

0619211257.jpg

2 speakers on stands L and R, and 4 subs in the center that'll go in front of the stage. Its a small stage, so the 96x28" area on top of the subs will make a nice extension for the vocalist to run around on if he wants.

I took the multitrack recording of the last show, and played it back through the board for a "virtual sound check" - set my EQs, gates, all that stuff, no musicians required! I can final-tweak once we're set up in the room later, but this is a solid starting point.

Broke down the gear and loaded it all in the Ram - everything fits in the 8' bed, under the tonneau cover. Love my self-powered rig, that's 17,000 watts in there, along with my 32 channel mixer, all my cables, stands, and mics!

I been doing everything BUT driving and/or working on my car! Transmission got put on hold at shop for awhile, work schedule been jacked up & will be again this week.
LOTS of major/minor 'inconveniences' the lastest of which I will be dealing with instead of working on or driving my car is another :mad: oak tree that fell over TODAY.
On my wife's (spare) car.
Taking out the power with it.:bs_flag:
So I'm sitting in my beater now, waiting for PG&E while charging this phone.
Really.
Here's 'my view' at the moment.
Halleluja!
PGE just got here!
20315DDD-C801-497F-8F68-6D9DBF2D3D3E.jpeg

Kinda of not and kinda am working on my project. l just hacked up a 86 dodge 2wd truck frame cut off all the front suspension stuff and welded legs on it radar! the beginnings of my engine test stand! Now I have to add battery box ,fuel tank ,guages and radiator. These frames will accept big and small block mopars.

20210624_170025.jpg 20210624_170000.jpg 20210624_165945.jpg

That's a great idea.

I just happen to have a parts truck I was considering making a trailer out of.

Now I have a use for the front frame that will get cut off.

I been doing everything BUT driving and/or working on my car! Transmission got put on hold at shop for awhile, work schedule been jacked up & will be again this week.
LOTS of major/minor 'inconveniences' the lastest of which I will be dealing with instead of working on or driving my car is another :mad: oak tree that fell over TODAY.
On my wife's (spare) car.
Taking out the power with it.:bs_flag:
So I'm sitting in my beater now, waiting for PG&E while charging this phone.
Really.
Here's 'my view' at the moment.
Halleluja!
PGE just got here!View attachment 1128162
That's a rough day, loosing a tree, car and power all at once!

More firewood, with the humidity and heat finally mellowing out I've been putting a dent in the firewood. Got a big surprise yesterday, I came home and got on the kids to get outside... Maybe help with the firewood?? My boy said he's pooped from doing firewood, hmmm did firewood when the wife and I aren't home to force them? I walk outside and not only did they stack the load that I chucked into the wood shed but they loaded the truck with another load.. my daughter (14) got in the truck and drove it up behind the shed which is in the woods on a hill around trees, unloaded and stacked it then parked the truck back in the field for the next load!!! I was floored, maybe I'm doing something right?

Auto Transport Service
Back