• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

In the 37 years I've been here (38 in April), I've only had one hit and it was minor. A neighbor nailed it with a mirror but the post isn't cemented in so it just turned it. That was the idea. About 10 years ago some drunk came down the road and knocked down about 15 boxes but missed mine somehow. Could hear him coming with two flat tires to boot. He stopped for some reason and another neighbor ran over, reached in and got the key out. A few minutes later the cops showed up.

Some tweaks to my homebuilt go kart. Frame was welded up from an old Weider home gym.
16381328693735710081069726368927.jpg

first snow of the year in orange county NY. Winterized home oil tank with 911 anti gel & 30 gallons of Kerosene.

Got ready for winter today. Took the bucket off the tractor and put on the snowblower. Ran errands. Put marker sticks around the perimeter of the driveway before the ground froze, blew leaves withe the backpack blower and CB played musical cars in the garage. That was enough for today.

Kart gets you out and at least keeps heart rate up if only a little real "exercise" .

...but WAY more fun!

Kart gets you out and at least keeps heart rate up if only a little real "exercise" .

...but WAY more fun!
When the kids were still living at home we had 3 carts and at the time owned a 1/2 lot next door....plus there was an easement out back that probably contained another 1/2 behind the lot and the land the house is on and it was enough to have a 900 foot long go cart track. We had a lot of fun on that but the neighbors hated it. They were pretty stuffy people....all gone now and I'm the oldie.

When the kids were still living at home we had 3 carts and at the time owned a 1/2 lot next door....plus there was an easement out back that probably contained another 1/2 behind the lot and the land the house is on and it was enough to have a 900 foot long go cart track. We had a lot of fun on that but the neighbors hated it. They were pretty stuffy people....all gone now and I'm the oldie.
Been there, done that, got a T-shirt. Man, the fun we had as kids gives me enough memories to carry me to the end. I'm not sure what kids today call fun. I'm the oldie too and getting older by the second. There's so much I don't get these days....... Beam me up Scotty.

Perfect!! Down at the complex where I have my shop there's a land locked un-developed chunk of land... The owner had his grand kids out there riding their dirt bikes yesterday.... Couple neighbors were bitching about the dust... I told them to shut the hell up & try to remember when they were younger...

IMG_6445.jpg
IMG_6446.jpg

Here is a video of the maiden voyage of the kart, before paint and before I rebuilt the engine due to a thrown rod lol...

Part supply is getting pretty dry.. Partsmonkey and other similar online platforms Zero stock for 1998 front shaft U joints, but my local NAPA boys bailed me out this morning. Now I can get back to drywall.. ffs...
1998plowtrucknov272021 035.JPG
1998plowtrucknov272021 036.JPG

Woke up to a clogged drain this morning so, today I play rooterman. Never pay the rooterman for simple clogs, Buy an electric snake and offer it to others. First try was a coat hanger with no luck. Out came the electric snake through the clean out hole and 5 minutes later… all clear. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1200124 View attachment 1200125 View attachment 1200126 View attachment 1200127
I always use the rubber P-trap elbows when I put drains in. Great for tenants - they're stupid and don't care. When they fill the sink trap with hair (or whatever else), simply turn on the tap, squeezesqueezesqueeze the P-trap a few times, and it all breaks loose.

Screen's being difficult for multi-quote, but as far as mulching the grass? I do it all the time, haven't bagged for 20 years. If you do it while the grass is dry (i.e. no dewfall and no rain), it won't clump - you'll get individual pieces out the deck. I don't use a mulching blade with a captive deck, they slow the blade too much when there's a lot of grass, I just run an open discharge chute and it kicks it out to the side. If it's too heavy, I'll "sweep" towards the woods by going one direction, with the discharge pointed at the woods each pass, gradually moving the clippings that direction. Same for leaf season. Work smarter, not harder :lol:

As for what I did yesterday...I cleaned the garage. Anyone need any 2005 Magnum R/T interior parts? Got most of the plastics, the back seat, three of the interior door panels (no front passenger door), and most of the electronics (switches and stuff). Was my 36k mile one-owner that got T-boned at a light and totaled. I bought it back for the Hemi...was saving the interior stuff "just in case"...but that was about 15 years ago and I haven't used it yet, so.... I am still keeping the power front seats for my Satellite wagon, though. Interior was that light "slate" gray, almost white.

My question is: It's a bar stool. Should you drive that under the influence or not?!?! I'm so confused.... :bananadance::D

Thirty years ago I was known to ride it allot while sampling Tequila.... I can say it doesn't do well off road.... Back when it was running on alcohol it would go 37 MPH on the back wheels... & I could wheelie about a block & a half...
Now I'm in my 60's and 37 MPH on the back wheels might be a foolish thing to do....

Last edited:
Thirty years ago I was know to ride it allow while sampling Tequila.... I can say it doesn't do well off road.... Back when it was running on alcohol it would go 37 MPH on the back wheels... & I could wheelie about a block & a half...
Now I'm in my 60's and 37 MPH on the back wheels might be a foolish thing to do....
I'm in my upper 50's and I hear you. I break easier than I used to and heal slower! Maybe, just MAYBE, I'm a little smarter (becuase I have to be) than I was in my teens and 20s!

Auto Transport Service
Back