• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

1998 GMC.. what can I say. 325,000KM (195,000 miles) on it when I bought it to replace my other '98 plow truck that I blew the transmission in.

1998 GMC.. what can I say. 325,000KM (195,000 miles) on it when I bought it to replace my other '98 plow truck that I blew the transmission in.

Thank god you wrote out the word transmission...... Cause if you'd written that you blew a tranny we might have to give ya a hard time..... Ya, I may be getting older but I haven't grown up yet.... LOL..

I meant no offense. I'm sheltered out here with the weather being what it is.

You must not be near the gulf coast, right?
Cars near the Northern CA coast do get surface rust but inland it is pretty rare. Coastal cars get the salty air and cold fog that keeps cars sort of wet for awhile.

..besides working on my Charger? Well, I watched about three hours of YouTube mopar content (Nick's Garage and Vice Grip Garage). Rode my horse for an hour, planned out my 12-month tune up for the car. Looking forward to a break in the weather so I can get out and drive the car again!

Rode my horse for an hour,

oFoqI0r.gif

Woke up to a clogged drain this morning so, today I play rooterman. Never pay the rooterman for simple clogs, Buy an electric snake and offer it to others. First try was a coat hanger with no luck. Out came the electric snake through the clean out hole and 5 minutes later… all clear. :thumbsup:
ED45D271-4B5D-4D37-9160-9C580CADD83E.jpeg
9155A411-E00F-4732-864C-A2B9C0790161.jpeg
20366D17-4EC4-4498-A6B1-ACF079DCD64D.jpeg
3654E802-10C2-4253-BDF7-68503DAD77A4.jpeg

You must not be near the gulf coast, right?
Cars near the Northern CA coast do get surface rust but inland it is pretty rare. Coastal cars get the salty air and cold fog that keeps cars sort of wet for awhile.
Depends on what you call close lol. I'm 9 miles from Galveston Bay and have a SE breeze probably 90% of the time so there's that bringing in air from the Gulf. The weather pattern changes again to a SE breeze tomorrow iirc and supposed to last for the rest of the week. We get a pretty heavy dew quite a bit and even vehicles that sit under a carport gets wet a lot. When we get a cool front then it warms up and gets humid a couple of days later, I got to be careful about opening the shop because things will start sweating inside. Even after that hard freeze last year, a warm front came through and temps went from the low teens to the high 60's and the dew came with it.

When I lived in Santa Cruz I lived in the forth house back from the ocean, If you leave a tool out over night it would be showing rust in the morning... But I had a dual snorkel air cleaner that I glass beaded that set on my workbench in the garage for a couple months.. It never rusted at all... Nine miles is probably pretty safe...

Does Galveston Bay smell like p***y?
Nope.....but Dow chemical used to smell like dead fish a lot. It's located on the ship channel and within a few miles of the bay. I think it's called Dow Lone Star now....and it doesn't smell like dead fish anymore.

Nope.....but Dow chemical used to smell like dead fish a lot. It's located on the ship channel and within a few miles of the bay. I think it's called Dow Lone Star now....and it doesn't smell like dead fish anymore.
My son in law lived in Houston. Daughter went there about 9 years ago and said it stunk like fish. She didn't use the p-word.

That would be hard to live with.....dead fish smell all the time?

My son in law lived in Houston. Daughter went there about 9 years ago and said it stunk like fish. She didn't use the p-word.
Did your daughter drive out towards Baytown? Dow Chemical was on the south side of the ship channel just left of the big bridge on 146. Crossed that thing going to work everyday and I'm kinda surprised it's still standing!

That would be hard to live with.....dead fish smell all the time?
Don't know what Dow Chemical was making back then but at the time it was pretty strong right around the bridge area going over the ship channel on my way to work. That's the same bridge that Green Piece of Crap closed down not too long ago with their antics. Glad I'm retired and don't go that way too much anymore because I probably would have done some target practice :D That pissed off a lot people and contrary to the LSNM, they did get fined.

She didn't talk about it much other than the smell. She was living in Hawaii at the time with her girl friend and roommates. That's where she met her husband a navy guy.

She didn't talk about it much other than the smell. She was living in Hawaii at the time with her girl friend and roommates. That's where she met her husband a navy guy.
There's always been a healthy amount of jobs in and around Houston but not too sure about that now. I try to stay out of the city as much as possible. I live in a neighboring town and live on the far side of that but the traffic is getting bad here too. Dang it. When I moved here in 63, there wasn't any main roads that were wider than two lanes. Even highway 45 didn't go all the way to Galveston without having to travel on some 2 lane sections. Now the main drag that goes thru Pasadena is 6 lanes with a center turn lane and full of traffic lights. The street I live on though is still a skinny blacktop barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other with no side walks or curbs and still has the rural mail boxes for the kids to do batting practice on

Auto Transport Service
Back