• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

BA557D6B-DFE7-492B-B468-0C43CBC695F0.jpeg
Went fishing.
You guys work to hard

Damn near made a new "line" on the nose of the Bird today getting a 12' sheet of 0.032 out onto the table and then managed to get my brake within 4' of the table, without hitting anything, to bend up a wall protector before we start storing firewood again in the basement. Also cut some 2mm lexan for a floor cover to go under the firewood and then back onto the pinball machine for an hour or so. Hopefully it's not pouring rain tomorrow, like it was today, so I can get the firewood protectors into the house.
View attachment 1244476 View attachment 1244478 View attachment 1244479
View attachment 1244483
View attachment 1244481
Some people are envious of other peoples houses, cars , wife or money.
I have garage envy, very nice.

Our neighbor has a 2000+ sq ft 5 car plus garage with an office, and an upstairs bedroom, LR and kitchen.

By far the nicest one in the neighborhood.

It's known as the "garage ma hall".

Their 2000 sq ft house is almost an identical floor plan as ours.

Both houses were at one time owned by friendly competing electrical contractors.

One still lived there when I moved in, and built that garage the first/second year I was there (right before he died).
(I never saw that man without a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other)

Speculation is that since he was a contractor, the sq ft was fudged and not "caught" until too late.

The only deed restriction in our pre-1980 development is that a garage can't be more sq ft than the residence.

I helped my neighbor paint his 327 out of his 1964 Impala SS. Now to dress it back up, put it back in, and install a new overdrive transmission. THEN I'll get my lift back and get back to my Mopar!!! :rolleyes:
20220228_153446.jpg

OK, not trying to make this an Impala thread, but the engine is pretty much ready to drop in my neighbor's car. Maybe another week or so and I'll be back to my 73 Road Runner!
20220228_220251.jpg

I went to the Courthouse/DMV to get plates for the daily driver, then I putzed around in the "Let's make a deal" garage to get ready for cooling system flush on my other 2 vehicles.

it was a good day to wash and was before the next snow storm View attachment 1247607
Washed my truck in the garage couple weeks ago and drove the wife’s car so it would stay clean…for a while…then had to drive it avoiding puddles until the inevitable puddles and road spray. Then I say **** it after that…wash job now toasted. Looks like a block of salt again...until I wash it..

March 1st - where I am we're pert near 20-inches below the normal snowfall. I've only plowed 2 times and wasn't much to plow. Decent sunny day here 45-degrees: What's the saying about March? In like a lamb out like a lion...

Made three different powder weight 9mm rounds on my new reloader today. Chrono'd all of them to get my power factor. Made a few more to shoot for accuracy. Lots of tweaking to get it where I want it. It was a fun day !

Working on replacing the clutch in my 4010 JD. The was no adjustment left in the clutch so I thought I would replace it over this winter. Come to find out the old farmer that I bought it from either never owned a grease gun or didn't know you had to grease the throw out bearing for the main clutch and the PTO clutch. The throw out bearing had locked up and it cut the end off of the tube it mounts to and was just hanging on the shaft to the trans. It was actually still working. Usually when this happens it cuts the fingers off the pressure plate. The throw out bearing for the PTO sounded like it had gravel in it. Got in there and found out the rear main seal was leaking so had to replace it, and at some time the pilot bearing had gone out and the end of the trans shaft had a groove cut in it about .100 deep. So I had to remove the clutch housing from the trans to replace the trans shaft. Found evidence of some pretty shoddy work performed at some time as the crank had several nicks where the wear sleeve for main seal mounted, and there were nicks in the trans shaft where the seal runs for the trans oil. Has cost considerable amount of money to fix but it will be like new when I'm done. This tractor is a 1962 model and you can go to the dealer and still get all the parts to fix anything on it.

DSC01555.JPG DSC01568.JPG DSC01569.JPG DSC01572.JPG DSC01554.JPG

Different venue and view, same damn strokes unfortunately...... the Varathane buzz is real !
View attachment 1247924 View attachment 1247925
I get it! last year I was putting some beams in the living room and used nitrocellulose laquer, was thankfull i did it in the shop so I could escape for a while. powerfull stuff! 12"x12"x17' is a lot of laquer gassing off, not like like refinishing a guitar!
this winter has been a little more pleasant! got the truck cleaned up a bit and remembered 2017
2017-01-05 09.01.54.jpg
2017-02-11 19.59.34.jpg

20210120_205737.jpg

Got the engine break-in done yesterday on the street rod I've been helping my friend with. Flat-tappet run-ins are always a little tense as you know, but especially when I built the engine! We have a 4150 Sniper/Hyperspark setup for it, but for break-in purposes I just put one of my carbs on it. It's a little rainy here today but if it's clear tomorrow, a Go-Kart shakedown around the block is in the plans...with the carb fuel pump and gas can strapped on in full Roadkill fashion:D
Next tasks are proper wiring and the EFI system install, body work....so another 6 months lol!
20220227_084547.jpg

20220227_084602.jpg

20220227_095139.jpg

Working on my 60+ year old creativity chair today... at least I'm in the shop with my cars vs the basement!
chairwayne 002.jpg
chairwayne 007.jpg
waynechair 002.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back