• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

First day of being not sick with a cold all week.
Had one last year about this same time.

Mowed grass, cut back bushes, broadcast weed&feed and fire ant killer, drilled holes in stump, took half a dozen axe swings at another stump, swept side porch area, sprayed perimeter of house for ants, called mom to postpone mother's day :(

Did a few piddly arse jobs.....the ones that should be easy but take up a ton of time. Have a vet appointment today at 3 and fixed the pet carrier since one of the PD's chewed a good size hole in the top while he waited for a procedure at the vet some time back. They now transfer them into a steel cage when they have to stay for the day lol. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the one that's going in today will be coming back lifeless. :( The big down side to that is her mate has been with other PD's all of her life and has been with this one for 4 years....

I just looked it up and it sounds gross.
....and it looks like shi.....

3482358E479DD5AB47C2DB277A9558B2D7226AA00B5CE541E81D800109B1&w=472&h=280&c=1&rs=2&o=6&pid=SANGAM.jpg

:eek:

No where else will you go, where a pretty girl will say to you, " come on I wanna Lei you! " Lol

Went out early to the local big-box hardware store for some No-more Nails glue to fix a back-splash at home......then onto my electrical supplier to collect a set of Torx wrenches I had on order.

The Manager at my suppliers offered me a top tip.......He suggested I put my shirt on the right way before going out in public....in the dark, I managed to put my shirt on inside-out. No wonder it felt more comfortable....although I hadn't figured out why I didn't have a pocket. :D Anyhoo......got back home to find out that my wife's haircut had been cancelled due to the hairdresser calling in sick.

Stuffed up my well laid out plans to get the kitchen ready as a surprise for Mother's Day tomorrow. Time slot got squeezed real tight - down to less than 90 minutes. Wife and kids went up the road to the in-laws for a Saturday lunch .....so I had precious little time to get the job done.

This is only a temporary fix, as we hope to get onto remodelling our kitchen next year....or maybe 2024. :rolleyes: I had the board with the back-splash all painted, just had to clean the window, remove the old cook top, clean the bench top, mark and cut out the hole to take a bigger unit.....and clean the crap out the cupboards below.....

:xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless:

View attachment 1281297 View attachment 1281298 View attachment 1281300 View attachment 1281301 View attachment 1281302

There was never a rangehood installed at our place....we just use the windows for venting. Unusual shape to the ceiling and roof-space - will probably end up doing a down-draft ventilation extractor. Hoping to push the cooker wall out another 4 feet of so and align with next wall outside....changes up the kitchen and creates more floor space, and room for more cupboards. That window was probably never legal here from the day it was built in....back in 1983.

Wife came home after lunch....she was over the moon. :D
Taken care of mama/wifey :thumbsup::thumbsup:

always a good thing :bananadance:

Not working on a car, just ordering for future use
while I can afford to... :eek:

I ordered some longer/4 bolts for an HVP ARP 12 pt bolts,
for my cars' new Melling HV oil pump
also some ARP trans. bell-housing bolts also 12 pt
&
a new intake pan as an extra, just to have it for the future...
like $79.85 + $23.07 shipped = $102.92
from 440source

I felt thrifty & ordered
a nice billet-looking machined/polished & ball bearings shafted
Firecore E-I-Distr. too, plug & play for a CDI wiring/box (I have an FBO)
with springs for mech. advance kit included
(my org. old MP/Direct Connection one has been acting up,
I'll just keep it & rebuild it for something else down the road
)
from Summit Racing, it's one of their Summit brand dist.
sum-851007 for a B-361-383-400 is a Firecore dist.
$193.99 + $14.06 taxes + $0 in 2 day shipping = $208.05
&
It was initially cheaper at Firecore directly, like $175.99 (IIRC),
but;
after shipping to Ca. & Ohio taxes it was like $240+ wtf
(I would have liked to give them my direct buss., oh well)

I do love Summit...
be here probably Thursday

Last edited:
The six hour time difference is a killer. I woke up at 1:00 am this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep. It’s now 12:40 EST and 6:00 Hawaii time and time to go to sleep.

E67809A6-3092-4092-959D-F50D9F470D3B.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back