• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I've never been a big fan of that body style, but I do like the two-tone colors you painted it.
Thanks! Unfortunately those pic's don't represent the colors very accurately. Both the Gold and the White look drastically different under different lighting condition.
I'll post one here to represent the Gold as it might be seen indoors under decent lighting. The gold can get very gold in bright sunlight.
The white looks almost opaque indoors, but it has a real iridescent shimmer to it outside in the sun.
I designed the rocker stripe myself. The Knight on his Charger was the hard part... I haven't had to actually draw anything in at least 45 years.

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

Last edited:
I like his Charger too. Was wondering whether you had it completed yet? I used to follow your progress with it on another forum that has since shut down, any recent photos of it? Beautiful car!

Thanks!
99% of the restoration was and is, located on the 66-67 Charger forum

Went on a field trip today... literally. Someones else's airfield for some repair work. Takes real talent to park an airplane this way... :lol:
joefueltankrepair 046.jpg

joefueltankrepair 007.jpg
joefueltankrepair 011.jpg

joefueltankrepair 013.jpg

joefueltankrepair 035.jpg
joefueltankrepair 041.jpg

Lawn mower maintenance and cut the front and back yards. Washed the dirty El Camino; Joe Dirt sits outside under the carport.

Went out early to the local big-box hardware store for some No-more Nails glue to fix a back-splash at home......then onto my electrical supplier to collect a set of Torx wrenches I had on order.

The Manager at my suppliers offered me a top tip.......He suggested I put my shirt on the right way before going out in public....in the dark, I managed to put my shirt on inside-out. No wonder it felt more comfortable....although I hadn't figured out why I didn't have a pocket. :D Anyhoo......got back home to find out that my wife's haircut had been cancelled due to the hairdresser calling in sick.

Stuffed up my well laid out plans to get the kitchen ready as a surprise for Mother's Day tomorrow. Time slot got squeezed real tight - down to less than 90 minutes. Wife and kids went up the road to the in-laws for a Saturday lunch .....so I had precious little time to get the job done.

This is only a temporary fix, as we hope to get onto remodelling our kitchen next year....or maybe 2024. :rolleyes: I had the board with the back-splash all painted, just had to clean the window, remove the old cook top, clean the bench top, mark and cut out the hole to take a bigger unit.....and clean the crap out the cupboards below.....

:xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless::xscuseless:

20220507_124539.jpg
20220507_125135.jpg
20220507_131222.jpg
20220507_131947.jpg
20220507_131953.jpg

There was never a rangehood installed at our place....we just use the windows for venting. Unusual shape to the ceiling and roof-space - will probably end up doing a down-draft ventilation extractor. Hoping to push the cooker wall out another 4 feet of so and align with next wall outside....changes up the kitchen and creates more floor space, and room for more cupboards. That window was probably never legal here from the day it was built in....back in 1983.

Wife came home after lunch....she was over the moon. :D

Last edited:
You pull a permit for that install Roger.... :poke::D

Played safety man today, with High Angle Rescue's phone # already punched in. I doubt you can find another township where it's the GM of Corporate that's climbing their tower.. and on a Saturday to boot, yet the Mayor thinks he doesn't do anything! I think #1 Son found it an easier climb some 14 years ago though, when he put the point to point units up between all the water towers in the township so they can "talk" and relay the drinking water and sewer plant controls to one central location. He can fill a water tower and dump a sewer plant from a laptop anywhere in the world.
watertowerradio 020.jpg
watertowerradio 024.jpg
watertowerradio 026.jpg
watertowerradio 029.jpg
watertowerradio 030.jpg

Anyhoo....back to the thread....

I used my A100 as a storage box to hide all the Mother's Day goodies I bought for my mother and mother-in-law, and wife......made a good job of it too.
None of them would look inside the truck to snoop around. :lol: Chocolates (mixed) and shortbread with a bottle of Baileys. :D

upload_2022-5-8_12-25-43.png

(from the website) :drinks:

Went to a car show and took photos, had a big lunch, started a thread in the events forum on FBBO, re-installed the latch and door handle, after a through cleaning and lube, on the driver's side of Uncle Bill's Cuda.

Last edited:
Built a pallet that will be the base for a crate I'll be building... Wasn't expecting to build a crate but stuff happens....
I foolishly bought another lathe & more foolishly the lathe isn't close to where I live... Shipping isn't gonna be cheap...
But the lathe was... Company I do work for has had it for twelve years & barely used it... Wanted it gone.... Couldn't buy the Aloris tool post that comes with it for what I paid for the lathe....

Got the picture off the internet....

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 8.22.32 PM.png

I figured out why they're called backhoes! You spend a lot of your time on your back laying under a hoe to keep an old one running! My JD has been in the woods for over 15 years, it lasted 3 weeks after Ontrac got me for $13,860 to fix the hydraulics. After that it would drive forward about 50 feet forward and then stop. You could then back up and you'd have to shut it off.. let the hydraulic fluid drain back and then you could drive it another 50 feet forward. All the hydraulics shuttered, nothing had any pressure and I get fed up and parked it. Big John is driving again after another 6 hours on my back. Who designs this **** where you have to pull 1/2 the machine apart to get at hose fittings?

Need to remove the valve block between the two filters. I got the machine working back in the Fall after tearing all the other check valves and bypass valves apart only to have oil pissing out between that high pressure valve block and the main case.
JD410backhoe 124.jpg

My "bed" for the day.
JD410backhoe 128.jpg

Filter canister off, then the return line off, just so I can get at the 90* fitting nut to disconnect it from the hose. Then the 90* fitting off so I can get at the valve block bolt. Both front pressure lines off the block.
JD410backhoe 130.jpg

Block out and obvious what's wrong.
JD410backhoe 135.jpg

AV Gas, the best cleaner on earth...
JD410backhoe 137.jpg

Three full O ring kits and do you think any of them had the larger O ring. Fluke'd out on that by checking my aircraft spares and it's the same size as my amphibious float brake caliper piston O rings! Day saver there....
JD410backhoe 144.jpg

Wasn't going to go buy a new $500 x 8D battery until I know she moves under her own power. Took the new 27 series out of the '66 Satellite! I've always had luck with my Mopars starting...
JD410backhoe 151.jpg

Drove her out of the woods and to the hangar to pump up the old tires. Original to the machine, 1976. They still hold air despite being cracked to ****. All the hydraulics work great, no shuttering and I drove around and around in a circle on a path in the woods for almost 30 minutes without issue.
JD410backhoe 153.jpg

I figured out why they're called backhoes! You spend a lot of your time on your back laying under a hoe to keep an old one running! My JD has been in the woods for over 15 years, it lasted 3 weeks after Ontrac got me for $13,860 to fix the hydraulics.
Drove her out of the woods and to the hangar to pump up the old tires. Original to the machine, 1976. They still hold air despite being cracked to ****. All the hydraulics work great, no shuttering and I drove around and around in a circle on a path in the woods for almost 30 minutes without issue.
View attachment 1282278

You sir deserve a beer... Or four.... BTDT what a PITA.. Congrats, glad your hard work paid off..

You pull a permit for that install Roger.... :poke::D

Played safety man today, with High Angle Rescue's phone # already punched in. I doubt you can find another township where it's the GM of Corporate that's climbing their tower.. and on a Saturday to boot, yet the Mayor thinks he doesn't do anything! I think #1 Son found it an easier climb some 14 years ago though, when he put the point to point units up between all the water towers in the township so they can "talk" and relay the drinking water and sewer plant controls to one central location. He can fill a water tower and dump a sewer plant from a laptop anywhere in the world.
View attachment 1281639 View attachment 1281640 View attachment 1281641 View attachment 1281642 View attachment 1281643

Funk that!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back