• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Nice! I have an 88 Sylavn, 200 hrs. If I find one of these its gone. Chrysler Conqueror with a 318.
fChrysler_conqueror_siii_ski_boat__2500_T_608cd36f42aed.jpg

It's a Bi-polar Electrodialysis system, which is for adjusting/controlling product pH (wine in this case) quality and clarity without chemical additives. In basic terms it uses great big battery cell membranes to extract negative- or positive-charged ions from the product which lets the winemakers dial in the desired pH levels for a particular batch by targeting certain compunds in the wine such as tartaric acid or potassium. Very precise and more "sustainable" tech, you know, they like to be able to paste that word on everything nowadays!
You do great work! I love seeing what other people do for a living.

Never was a great swimmer but liked to be in the water a lot. Even surfed car hoods on the sand and along the edge of the water and at times got out into the water too far with them. Most hoods we tried didn't like being in the water lol. Anyways, after being taste tested more times than I cared to be while waiting on one of Galveston's non waves, I stopped surfing. Not my world and wasn't that good of a surfer anyways :D Best time of the year for waves there was winter time or when a storm was coming in.
Never cared for the ocean much. Learned to swim before I was 3 or 4 and was taught life guard safety classes in 6th grade.

My father and I rented a catamaran in Clearwater Florida one vacation, 1969, I was 13. We got a quick lesson and told to stay just off shore.
Once the sail was up and I had her trimmed, we were on the run. My dad was laying there soaking up the sun enjoying the ride, as for me, I didn't tie off the rigging, in case something should happen, I could let loose and things would come to a stop. Once we were really underway, sail full and we were move along faster than I expected on water that was like glass, I just looked at the shore and kept the 7 or 8 story hotel insight. The boat was flying and one tube came out of the water and fell back in, my father sat up, feeling the jolt. He now looks for shore and there was none. I could just see the top of the roof of the hotel and that was all. He was sure we had traveled to far out and lost direction. After we got done arguing about how we were going to die or they were going to come find us with a boat, I turned us around and we now were headed windward, into the wind. We started zig-zagging into the wind to get back to shore. It's a slow process and just making sure the roof line was in sight we made it back. When we were close, I could see people, many people looking in our direction. When we got back to shore, the screaming started!! I had no idea, at the time how far out we were and my dad and I would laugh about this later in life, but, man were we sailors for the day............ We were band from ever coming back for a rental, for life!! Later I calculated that a 8 story building at about 27 meters would have put us out about 12 miles.

Last edited:
Never cared for the ocean much. Learned to swim before I was 3 or 4 and was taught life guard safety classes in 6th grade.

My father and I rented a catamaran in Clearwater Florida one vacation, 1969, I was 13. We got a quick lesson and told to stay just off shore.
Once the sail was up and I had her trimmed, we were on the run. My dad was laying there soaking up the sun enjoying the ride, as for me, I didn't tie off the rigging, in case something should happen, I could let loose and things would come to a stop. Once we were really underway, sail full and we were move along faster than I expected on water that was like glass, I just looked at the shore and kept the 7 or 8 story hotel insight. The boat was flying and one tube came out of the water and fall back in, my father sat up, feeling the jolt. He now looks for shore and there was none. I could just see the top of the roof of the hotel and that was all. He was sure we had traveled to far out and lost direction. After we got done arguing about how we were going to die or they were going to come find us with a boat, I turned us around and we now were headed windward, into the wind. We started zig-zagging into the wind to get back to shore. It's a slow process and just making sure the roof line was in sight we made it back. When we were close, I could see people, many people looking in our direction. When we got back to shore, the screaming started!! I had no idea, at the time how far out we were and my dad and I would laugh about this later in life, but, man were we sailors for the day............ We were band from ever coming back for a rental, for life!! Later I calculated that a 8 story building at about 27 meters would have put us out about 12 miles.

Oh man! Done some sailing with a buddy but we never went off shore. With a good breeze, running 12 mph is easy but tacking back can take 3-4 times longer or more. Had to laugh on this one lol but what's worse is when the wind goes dead calm and you don't have a motor. That happened to us once (we had a motor but it was a very small one mainly for getting in and out of the marina) but the wind around here usually doesn't do that very often and when it does, it doesn't stay that way for long.

Oh man! Done some sailing with a buddy but we never went off shore. With a good breeze, running 12 mph is easy but tacking back can take 3-4 times longer or more. Had to laugh on this one lol but what's worse is when the wind goes dead calm and you don't have a motor. That happened to us once (we had a motor but it was a very small one mainly for getting in and out of the marina) but the wind around here usually doesn't do that very often and when it does, it doesn't stay that way for long.
Oh God, I thank God that did happen to us. No wind, we'd still be out there. There was nothing out there but endless water, smooth like glass.

Speaking of boats... I painted my 50 year old 12' Starcraft flat bottom pram the other day.

IMG_5478.JPG

My garage AC unit was weak so I figured it was time to clean it. Holy crap it was full of crap. The blower roll was covered with crap so no wonder it was weak. Took 4 hours to get it all cleaned out and damn it's cranking cold now!

IMG_2352.jpg
IMG_2354.jpg

First, this....
Morning 40-miler up to "buttcrack" rock.
20220403_112322.jpg

Then got a @%&#!! flat on the way back
20220703_090041.jpg

Then....the payoff! An ice cold '805' and some pool time just as it hit 100 degrees.
20220624_154520.jpg

Heck with the water, can’t even go shoot. 70 person pistol shoot , NRA Bullseye all weekend.(Crimean War cannon)

3F637CA0-9F41-44D7-BFF4-D4D5C464C0EE.jpeg

Cut Burdock weeds at the dog park. The are dirty bastards, so I wipe them out just as they bloom. They'll come back, but they won't make seed.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 3.22.10 PM.png

Army & Marine Corps marksmanship teams come out 4 days early for practice. Then, next week; it’s Camp Perry for the same thing all over again. Interestingly, 2002 the Coast Guard sent a team( with a flyover by a USCG chopper from Cleveland). Never saw them again(?)

Army & Marine Corps marksmanship teams come out 4 days early for practice. Then, next week; it’s Camp Perry for the same thing all over again. Interestingly, 2002 the Coast Guard sent a team( with a flyover by a USCG chopper from Cleveland). Never saw them again(?)
I was at Camp Perry with my dad when I was a kid. Good memories. I was and still am very proud of my dad and his service.

I worked out in the shop. We unloaded some of the enclosed trailer to get shelving out, I built some shelves and we discussed where to move the dyno as where we initially had it set just isn't going to work.
20220709_172012.jpg

Worked on the 66 500 a bit and called it a day. Was rainy and cold today and yesterday, so wasn't too hateful out in the shop.

Going to pick this up today, if time permits. Not sure what to do with it yet, but it needs to be removed from the barn it’s in.

9E9E1A1A-AADF-40ED-856F-5224C3D42A76.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back