• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Had a bone graft and dental implant inserted in my upper jaw. I would rather be working on one of my cars.

Anyone good at puzzles..ffs. Expensive cap kit!
20230206_142717.jpg

20230206_143232.jpg

Finally hung a $15 thrift store TV and a $5 thrift store HD tuner along with a $35 HD antenna in my shop.

20230129_142856.jpg

The only way to get reception in the metal building is with the box stretched max and antenna lead stretched max.

Then I finally got around to replacing the female power plug on an old, cheap 30w guitar amp.
These are not terribly easy to find. Finally found one on a laptop power supply I had already cannibalized the DC connector from.
The one that was in there was broken and duct taped. NASTY sticky.

20230129_143200.jpg

20230129_143111.jpg

20230129_145600.jpg

Then I had to use this "tool" because apparently I could stand in a truck bed and empty a wheelbarrow full of rock into a dumpster, and operate a 150 watt soldering iron, without injury, but could not walk without tripping over my trailer tongue and mashing my finger on the way down.

20230129_161818.jpg

OUCH. Right on the quick! What are the odds?

20230129_142122.jpg

Finally hung a $15 thrift store TV and a $5 thrift store HD tuner along with a $35 HD antenna in my shop.

View attachment 1414754

The only way to get reception in the metal building is with the box stretched max and antenna lead stretched max.

Then I finally got around to replacing the female power plug on an old, cheap 30w guitar amp.
These are not terribly easy to find. Finally found one on a laptop power supply I had already cannibalized the DC connector from.

View attachment 1414758

View attachment 1414759

View attachment 1414763

Then I had to use this "tool" because apparently I could stand in a truck bed and empty a wheelbarrow full of rock into a dumpster, and operate a 150 watt soldering iron, without injury, but could not walk without tripping over my trailer tongue and mashing my finger on the way down.

View attachment 1414765

View attachment 1414766
Is it even safe to email you after your mishaps? Could they be contagious?I even think I can feel the pain, hurt a different finger there.

There's a small gap between the angle iron of the center rail support post and the rectangle tube of the tongue, just almost exactly big enough for a finger to fit in if you force it.

Guess where my finger went when I tried to stop my fall?

Submit and I spent an hour and a half picking up branches, sticks and twigs from the recent 40+ mph wind storm & cold snap.
Lately that's been a constant battle here. At least muther nature is doing the trimming for me.....

Anyone good at puzzles..ffs. Expensive cap kit!View attachment 1413731
View attachment 1413732
I'm guessing they are shipped dry? Geez, what a mess.

View attachment 1414754

View attachment 1414758

View attachment 1414759

View attachment 1414763

View attachment 1414765

View attachment 1414766
That hurts just to look at it!!

Emptying all my lower kitchen cabinets, new stone counter tops going in tomorrow.

Recovered from a 3 day cold.

That's 3 in 12 months, 2 in 4 months, or 4 in 12, 3 in 4 in you count the mild covid.

Dang!

Almost completely healed now.

Helped my 8 yr old with multiplication tables, made coffee, got groceries at Walmart. Offered an 80 yr old lady to return her cart and you'd think I'd pulled a gun on her (scared her). I really wish the world could go back to 'kindness' as the default and not 'what the hell do you want from me'. Now off to change oil on my wife's minivan. It's been 15,000 miles before she let me know. :) And no.... minivans don't count as 'working on my car'.

In the mountains with a couple SAR members setting up an avalanche rescue scenario for our Search and Rescue Team . Hopefully the weather warms up a bit from the minus 20 we had in the valley this morning . The tracks we are leaving represent an avalanche slide path , where we have hidden our "victims" .
20230217_131205.jpg

Got the ceiling and lights done in the wife's exercise room! Soon she'll be sweating to the oldies watching Richard Cranium Symmonds on television!

20230212_151229.jpg

20230218_103951.jpg

20230218_120331.jpg

Last edited:
Went looking at SUVs today to replace the wife's 4Runner that got totaled a couple of weeks ago when a guy ran a red light and t-boned it on passenger front door. Nearly impossible to find a reasonably priced 4Runner. She's looking at Mazda CX5 and Hyundai SantaFe. I don't like car shopping.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back