• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

My son surprised me with an early Fathers Day present and took me to the Indy 500
IMG_1907.png

Did you have to duck any flying tires?

Of all my years of going to races have I ever seen a tire go so high over a catch fence.
It cleared the stands thankfully, and hit a car in the parking lot

I'm going to be working on making the deck look better! Pisses me off that they didn't prime before paint, just makes more work for me to fix!

View attachment 1469296

View attachment 1469297
Yes, that's bondo filling in some rot!View attachment 1469298

Pressure washed, made some repairs, got more repairs to do but wanted to get some protection down! At least it's now covered and more protected than it was, would like to get more done today, but the shoulders are dead sore!!! This paint is thicker than Kilz Primer!!! I wanted something closer to the color of the house, not bad for throwing a dart while blindfolded!!!
P1011092.JPG
P1011093.JPG

Heading into week 2 with the Temps +/- 30C. No rain prior, during or in the forecast. A month or more early but spent the morning getting the island suppression system up and running. There's more than one use for a water slide pump!
20230531_112904.jpg
20230531_113720.jpg
20230531_113742.jpg
20230531_115050.jpg

20230531_115502.jpg

20230530_164908.jpg

2001 JCB 85 hp Perkins Diesel ...... Ahh have not worked on a Perkins since our shop was an authorized shop back in '80-'82 . Jeeeeeez a lot changed in 20 years . These have a well deserved rep for being difficult to wrench on ... ugh 14 hours to change cooling hoses and figure out a couple of intermittent shorts - and that was without it having a computer on board . Very happy to have this one done !

Me too in that version.

I do fit in the 500x but it's not nearly as roomy as my Renegade, that's built on the same platform.

Last edited:
Helping a family friend shut down his Hosta farm so he can move 600 miles away :-(

He had over 3000 different styles of Hostas. I took about 100 different styles home which will make a nice Hosta garden.

Screenshot_20230526-075056~2.png

Screenshot_20230526-075034~2.png

Screenshot_20230601-081027~2.png

I'm having a good time....
not....garbage sale day 1 and I'm getting rid of some garbage so I guess it's a good day

I'm having a good time....
not....garbage sale day 1 and I'm getting rid of some garbage so I guess it's a good day
As long as you pocket some coin, it's always a good day!
Still workin on the deck, and picked my first squash/Zuck of the season, watermelon style!
P1011094.JPG

As long as you pocket some coin, it's always a good day!
Still workin on the deck, and picked my first squash/Zuck of the season, watermelon style!
View attachment 1472873
Cool. Yeah....got rid of a few large items like a generator that fried the generator but man, the 14 hp engine still ran good. A lot of the stuff I had accumulated was from off the side of the road! Pocketed 300 bucks today and there's still some stuff left so might set up again in the morning for day 2 but sure won't spend much time out there as I did today. Biggest thing I like is the space it freed up. One thing I'm seeing is stuff I forgot about sticking out there to get rid of.

How does a generator fry a generator, did it use Wesson, Mazola, or Crisco??? :poke:
:rofl: The gen section fried on it's own.....don't know what exactly happened to it but since I lost power during the 'great Texas free' last year, I scrambled to find a working generator and finally found one but my power had been down for 8 hours when I finally got it out of the box and running. The power was out for 24 hours to the minute so it wasn't a failure but a planned shut down. Anyways, never took the time to try and find out what happened to it and since it was 25 years old, just decided to see if anyone wanted a good running 14 hp engine and put it in the garbage sale.

Did 300 or so in the garbage sale.....think I'm gonna have a couple of beers....

Auto Transport Service
Back