• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Did hurricane prep on the roof.
Closely examined the skylights and added some nails to some shigles on the vent ridge.
Yay.
Next up- testing the generator.
Maybe this year I'll actually finish wiring up the backfeed cord, and testing that.

...oh, and installed a VHF radio repeater and antenna at work.

20240518_124139.jpg

Got done just in time for the dark clouds to form.
Didn't rain, though.
Scavenged the mount from an abandoned Dish Network dish.
Perfetly cleared the "Mansard" roof profile.
That is a modular building and the walls are an odd composite of masonry, a plasticy layer and plywood.

Turned a couple of old car batteries in for scrap weight, at a local battery sales, re cycling store.
Got $12.00 bucks, then went and purchased a pizza, on the rest of my way home.

Since I dug this widow out and put it on the back back burner I turned the stove around after rock auto sent me the wrong part and put my main project on hold for the moment.

IMG_8124 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8125 - Copy.JPG

Had to write the punch list on a job that I closed out last week. A few before and after pictures.

33AABA2C-2E82-4D82-8FBA-FC81330BFD3C.png

362E4AC0-E396-4E90-BC3C-54379F6600EA.png

26FFD766-F319-473A-9023-C9BFDB6B7030.png

2BBC6D55-C088-45D2-A7C8-F3F0BE5EE6DD.png

Last edited:
Dug another 20 holes (did 60 yesterday) in mid to upper 80's temps and significant humidity. Then bush hogged the pastures and mowed 2.5 acres of grass. Then it was of to the range for a shooting match.

Still helping my GF to get rid of all the crap that her late husband collected. Making some headway but now it's getting hot here. Making headway is a good thing though but I'm sure it's going to slow down some. At least got to drive the diesel pickup today to unload some old tires and drive it around some. Still driving it on old fuel that's been 'refreshed' some with new fuel.....

Rescued a couple of survivors today from under the collapse of the barn during the storm on Monday. Rescue efforts were at the insistence of the wife, gotta try to keep her happy.

This one I saved with the loader and just pushed a corner of the roof back off the top of the bush.
P5230045.JPG

The second survivor required a bit more work, had to open a hole in the collapsed roof with the chain saw to free the rose bush. Of course I ruined the chain doing so, but knew that was the price to pay.
P5230046.JPG

Easier to type GF than some french word that's difficult to remember how to spell and there's not even a keybord key for one of the letters.

My basement isn't finished and never will be. It’s a walk out and that was a must.I did build a shop to play in that has its own fresh air, in and out, bagged tight from the rest of the house. A house within a house, so to speak. I'm not putting in a bathroom, but I did buy a cheap 18 inch slop sink for needed water, if only to wash my hands or wet a rag to wipe something off. I had to raise it a few inches to accommodate for the fall to the existing rough in drain. The drain can later be moved to a new wall for a bathroom, the next guy. All this plastic plumbing is weird to work with and if I live to be a hundred, I'll never learn to trust it.
20240523_085223.jpg
20240523_085141.jpg
20240523_085149.jpg

In other words- a urinal.

Auto Transport Service
Back