• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

In other words- a urinal.
Going up and down the stairs to use the bathroom is still an ability I have.!! LOL. If I wanted a bathroom down there, it'd be there. I have no desire to clean another bathroom I really don't need. I'm a clean freak who walks 3 miles a day.

They're just jokes.

I don't write 'em, I just tell 'em.

(OK, I may write a few here and there.)

She’s not your fiancé any longer?
Something I didn't mention yesterday is that we finally found a ring so now it's official.....and that's what she said lol
Going up and down the stairs to use the bathroom is still an ability I have.!! LOL. If I wanted a bathroom down there, it'd be there. I have no desire to clean another bathroom I really don't need. I'm a clean freak who walks 3 miles a day.
I have a 'rest' room with no bath out in the shop but do have a sink.....and I like things clean too but hate doing 'housework' so the shop RR isn't very clean but rarely use it these days. The carport behind the shop has a hedgerow down one side and some trees across the back with low limbs and a fence on the other side so I just hang it out on the side where the hedges are. The trees do a good job hiding the view from the back and if anyone sees me they will have to be pretty much standing really close.

Put a new scope on the 243 a while back, so today I took it out to sight it in after bore sighting at home on the kitchen table.
Got lucky... I didn't have to touch a thing after bore sighting... the predicted trajectory was spot on for the Hornady SST rounds I was using, so were good to go.
Beautiful day here today as well!

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8139.JPG

Went over to the local Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard that's having a 40% off, Memorial day sale.
Got the lower control arms off a 67 Valiant that got put out in one of the Chrysler rows, yesterday.
This old man hasn't been under, sides, of a car in the wrecking yard, in probably 4+ years time.
I wonder how i'm going to be feeling, tonight, tomorrow morning.

Now they ding you an additional, what they call an "environmental fee" on check out, when paying for your parts, that nothings mentioned about, when searching their web site, on the internet.
Another rip off, in this life, on top of planet Earth. Grrr.

Put a new scope on the 243 a while back, so today I took it out to sight it in after bore sighting at home on the kitchen table.
Got lucky... I didn't have to touch a thing after bore sighting... the predicted trajectory was spot on for the Hornady SST rounds I was using, so were good to go.
Beautiful day here today as well!

View attachment 1668170

View attachment 1668171
That is very good bore sighting.

I mowed grass like a mutha effer at work, and when I got out of my truck at home,I was like sum bitch, guess what I have to do tomorrow morning, yep mow grass!

Last edited:
Went over to the local Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard that's having a 40% off, Memorial day sale.
Got the lower control arms off a 67 Valiant that got put out in one of the Chrysler rows, yesterday.
This old man hasn't been under, sides, of a car in the wrecking yard, in probably 4+ years time.
I wonder how i'm going to be feeling, tonight, tomorrow morning.

Now they ding you an additional, what they call an "environmental fee" on check out, when paying for your parts, that nothings mentioned about, when searching their web site, on the internet.
Another rip off, in this life, on top of planet Earth. Grrr.
In the last few years that I was going to the P-in-Pulls (and that's been loooong while), they were charging 'environmental' fees which is in my book just another dang tax.

I took pictures for my only fans account,I gotta earn my car parts somehow! Who knew chicks are so into the dad bod thing!

Started getting ready to replace the head gasket on my Dakota. Very surprised that it started leaking at about 40,000 miles. The engine was completely rebuilt at that point and I put the heads on it.
This spring it started leaking a little a quickly became unusable.

IMG_20240524_155518773_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240524_155513226_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240524_155508217_HDR.jpg

Went to a little party down the street at a neighbors place. It was a great day for it. Plenty of sun, temps in the lower 70's... and they had a pretty decent band playing out there too. Just mellow stuff... Van Morison, Allman Brothers, Beatles, that sort of stuff. Perfect selection given the general age of the audience, mostly seniors, mixed with a handful of folks in their 20's and 30's... and a few kids as well of course.

IMG_8154.JPG

IMG_8145.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

Bought concrete to fill in my hot tub hole.
2000 pounds plus what ever the mixer weighs.
That's the most I've had in that trailer.
Squatted a bit.

20240527_175054.jpg

The tile guy is going to do it and patch the stucco that was never put on where the tub was against the walls.
$400 plus the $145 in concrete. Plus he's going to chisel the rest of the carpet and river rock off the remailing 12x15 foot section.
That alone is worth me not busting my *** on it.
...and it should be done tomorrow!

I'm working on a little project.
This is my sanding block. I've been making these for years for others and it's not brain surgery, but very handy. It's a 3x21 inch sanding belt and I rotate it on this block of wood. The small piece is to keep it taut in the block. I use 80 grit paper and they last a long time. I buy the belts by the box.
20240528_153353_remastered.jpg
20240514_131253.jpg
20240515_151225.jpg

Yay, tub is filled in and wall is stucco'd.

20240529_161346.jpg

Kitchen, dining and entry are tiled pending grout.

20240529_174706.jpg

This was our temporary kitchen while we couldn't walk on it-
(note the bacon...gotta have bacon accessible)

20240530_050131.jpg

Yay, tub is filled in and wall is stucco'd.

View attachment 1671133

There were two more spots where the river rock was glued down hard.
Looks like defects in the initial pour, although one looks like it could have been a bird in the wet cement.
20240529_161405.jpg
20240529_161402.jpg
20240529_161358.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back