• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you do when it is 108 degrees out ?

I'm loading at MP Boats in Atwater on Monday.
Where is Turlock? Forgive my ignorance, I am not familiar with Cali.

Turlock is about 15 miles north of Livingston. The swap meet is at the Stanislaus Fair Grounds (900 N Broadway, Turlock, CA 95380).

"95 degrees and 80 % humidity"
Not even close to 105 in dry CA.

"it's not the heat it's the humidity"

Edit for clarity.

Last edited:
108? Have a car show in Rancho Cambodia!

Yeah, mine is just a bit over 10 to 1. No detonation today though. I was quite impressed. It ran like it does in 60 degree weather.
By the way, while we do get some hot weather, the norm is between 19-22 days of 100 degrees or warmer per year. While it seems of little comfort, the humidity is a lot less though, rarely going over 35% when it is hot.
I only mention humidity because I have been eyeballin the weather in Texas and Tennessee since I am still looking to move out of this state someday. I wanted to visit Tennessee this late Summer to actually feel the worst of their weather to see if it is something that I can deal with. I may be over-thinking that though. For example, if I am compelled to stay inside here when it is 110 and dry, that is really no different than being in Knoxville and staying indoors when it is 95 degrees and 80 % humidity.
Where I live in NC, when it's 100, you sweat from the moment you walk outside. We get, on average 3-5 days a year over 100. I think what separates it from this desert heat is we get afternoon thunderstorms almost daily when it's really hot. That brings relief.

Hard to tell. Just the tractor you might be able to park it in the grass parking lot. I'll be there tomorrow. We'll probably there around 6:30, but I'm not driving.
I just looked at the overhead satellite and it doesn't look promising for my tractor.

I just looked at the overhead satellite and it doesn't look promising for my tractor.

It might be a tough to find a spot although this isn't a big event, so it may be easy to find a spot.

When are you planning on being in Atwater on Monday?

How does that 400 SB handle this extreme heat?

If "SB" means Small Block, Pontiac doesn't have a small block. Same size block from 326 up to 455. When I bought it 30+ years ago the 400 was long gone, so I've got a 455 in it. Just bought, and installed, a new Cold Case radiator so it does pretty good in the heat. I will say it does heat up in traffic still.

If "SB" means Small Block, Pontiac doesn't have a small block. Same size block from 326 up to 455. When I bought it 30+ years ago the 400 was long gone, so I've got a 455 in it. Just bought, and installed, a new Cold Case radiator so it does pretty good in the heat. I will say it does heat up in traffic still.
So the 400 Pontiac is different than the 400 SB Chevy? Forgive my ignorance, I thought they were the same block.

Regardless of the engine, your "Firechicken" is BADASS!!!

Thanks! Heading to bed shortly so I can get up early tomorrow. Probably take a trip down to the boat place in Monday. Too bad you don't have your car in the trailer too!

108°? Do a roof job. I've done about 5 roof jobs in my tenure. And EVERY time it's 108°. I hate Murphy and his damn freaking laws!

Auto Transport Service
Back