• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What goes in the antenna mast hole?

Speedbird

Bird of Pray
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
I'm familiar with the later threaded stainless whip antennas that you can screw out of the base.
But this whole is not threaded that I can see, so I'm assuming it was a press fit perhaps?
From looking on the internet it seems the car had a segmented antenna.
And the whole thing is being reproduced.
Obviously, I would like to just find whatever antenna went in and not buy the entire thing, since mine is in good shape otherwise.

20180228_111149.jpg
20180228_111055.jpg
20180228_111102.jpg

The bezel is the most important thing. If it is correct and fits snugly to the mast, you really could use ANY mast as long as it works properly.

The bezel is the most important thing. If it is correct and fits snugly to the mast, you really could use ANY mast as long as it works properly.

I bought that new bezel in the picture.
It's hard to find a mast from the internet because I don't know if it will fit.
How hard was it to get the original out, I wonder.
Was it a tight fit but could be pulled out?

Oh no, at least on mine when I removed the bezel, it fell down. Now that is not to say that someone drilled the wrong size hole.
But I don't believe it should be a struggle either way to install. The hole IMHO should be a bit larger that the hole for the bezel you purchased.

Oh no, at least on mine when I removed the bezel, it fell down. Now that is not to say that someone drilled the wrong size hole.
But I don't believe it should be a struggle either way to install. The hole IMHO should be a bit larger that the hole for the bezel you purchased.

The bezel is fine.
Just like the old one pictured.
What I'm wondering about is how tight a fit the original antenna mast was in the plastic thing's hole.
How did the previous owner get it out and why?
Maybe it was pulled out to go in the car wash.

antenna.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back