• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to Mopar performance Viscous fan kits?

I'll have to go out to the shop and put a magnet on the blades of my Hemi Charger. If I knew they were aluminum, I have forgotten. Nearly 100% sure that mine is the original fan. (40 years of ownership, most of the history prior).

The 7 blade fan I was referring to was the "race Hemi engine" like the old Sox & Martin or Dick Landy cars. I also think that these applications used the double row deep groove alternator sheave, using one belt, which contained the drive belt at high RPMs. Not sure about the street Hemi setup....probably the 7 blade steel fan with the #2806070 torque drive fan clutch similar to the max cooling package on my RS23V0A GTX with the A34 super track pack. I believe the Hemi engine used a smaller water pump drive sheave (than any other B or RB engine) to circulate more coolant at a higher volume and pressure, possibly due to the head's more complex casting.....just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Regarding aluminum fans...the factory used them on other vehicles as well in a 19.5 or 20" version. I have one, part #3462149. Can't for the life of me remember exactly what I pulled it off of, but I think an original '74 Satellite. I WISH it was off a hemi car!

Auto Transport Service
Back