• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what headers will fit

charger10

Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
I have a '67 charger and plan to put a 440 with 440 source heads on , put the engine all together with headers on and lower body down onto engine (like the did at factory). what long 2" headers will work or will this work at all?

2" headers are massive!!!! why do you want them so big? gonna stroke it out or something?

it really depends on what headers you choose, and its going to be hard to tell if that will work unless someone happened to do what your doing and they could tell you what they did. are you just trying to avoid headers being a pain to install? could just install them early on before a lot of the other components are in the engine bay taking up space. get the headers you want, I don't think it makes sense to buy headers just for this reason.

Last edited:
I have always paid a bit more for Hooker Headers and NEVER had any fit issues over the years.
Tried cheaper headers and NO FIT!!!

anyone lower the body down onto the complete engine and then attach k-member to body.

I have never done it that way, but I've talked to MANY people who have and say that is how they always do it. The shop working on my car will be doing it that way soon. Paint is done and they are assembling the K-frame and suspension to install from below just as you are describing.

I noticed the fitment between the Doug's headers and TTI headers compared to Hooker headers is the spark plug wire location which means that you get less burnt spark plug wires I've looked at a lot of cars that have Hooker headers and a majority of them have to reroute the wires to keep them from being fried so if you want great headers that bolt in get the TTI or the dogs I would get the dogs because more than likely you can get them for a couple of hundred bucks cheaper

I noticed the fitment between the Doug's headers and TTI headers compared to Hooker headers is the spark plug wire location which means that you get less burnt spark plug wires I've looked at a lot of cars that have Hooker headers and a majority of them have to reroute the wires to keep them from being fried so if you want great headers that bolt in get the TTI or the dogs I would get the dogs because more than likely you can get them for a couple of hundred bucks cheaper

thk you for info. this is the 1st car I 'll be putting headers on. appreciate the help.

anyone lower the body down onto the complete engine and then attach k-member to body.
Yep. Dropped the Coronet using a cherry picker attached to the bumper brackets.
Dougs headers.
IMG_3178.JPG

excellent , looks exactly what I want to do. thank you.
charger10

Auto Transport Service
Back