• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what intake will work

19 69 GTX

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Got a 69 gtx 440 just wondering what intake will fit under stock flat hood. I want to get a aluminium one and not sure what will fit. Will a edelbrock performer fit or holley street dominator. What intake would you get for a small cam 440 3.55 gear 2400 stall.

I think a Street Dominator would work well. Used without a spacer under the carb, and a drop down air filter base it should clear the hood.

will a performer rpm fit under hood with a drop base air cleaner

will a performer rpm fit under hood with a drop base air cleaner
I am using one ( RPM) in my 383 68 runner and had to go to a drop down air cleaner. It just clears with a 3 inch filter. I don't think the rpm will work for your 440 but the performer should. I couldn't believe the weight of the original cast intake. Good luck with it.

The 440 sits a little higher in the engine bay, so the 440 with a Performer RPM may work if you use a 2 inch air filter. The Performer RPM is one of the best, if not the best, all around intakes for a big block Mopar. In my (humble) opinion.

I'm running the Performer RPM on my 440 in my 66 Coronet. Using a drop down base with a 3" Spectre filter. Just barely fits but runs like a beast.

20150429_221213.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back