• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the average age of our cars? New Results In!

What is the average age of our cars?

• Please provide year make and model(s)

• Please provide year make and model(s)

Results are only viewable after voting.
69 Plymouth Road Runner
20190527_140542.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!! In a few weeks I get my new hemi scoop painted and installed. Now that I can't wait for!
Have one on mine,hood painted satin black.
Original hood in basement.
Where you getting your scoop??

20190522_172451.jpg
Got it about a month ago from AAR. Was going to get a another hood and save this one, but, did that last time on another car and it just hung on the wall for 15 years. I'm to old for saving it. I get it with your car, a hemi car. I'm having it painted like the car Ruby Red.

View attachment 789307 Got it about a month ago from AAR. Was going to get a another hood and save this one, but, did that last time on another car and it just hung on the wall for 15 years. I'm to old for saving it. I get it with your car, a hemi car. I'm having it painted like the car Ruby Red.
That will look really good

Lots of beautiful cars out there!! So here is where we are at to this point. I suppose its no surprise. What is more interesting is the spread of cars. Of course this is just the folks that provided a response. Lastly I limited the years to 1955-1980 just to look at the older cars and not skew the data with essentially two sets.

Average 1969.3
Median 1970
Mode 1970

Coronet takes top popularity, I learned about the 400 a really cool car!

2 Fury
2 Sport Satellite
2 Savoy
2 Polara
3 Bee
3 440
3 Barracuda
7 SATELLITE
8 GTX
10 RR
11 Belvedere
14 CHARGER
22 CORONET

IMG_3545.jpg

Coronet rules !!! :lol:
Could the Coronet be the leader of the pack for FBBO? I have a bias with my 69 Coronet RT hemi 4 sp. -Charger fans are just like me. They like their cars like I do.

Last edited:
1st off. Do R/Ts count as Coronets if Bees dont?
If R/Ts counts as Coronets then should GTXs qualify as Satellites along with RRs?
Should Belvaderes qualify as Satellites?
Should cars be broken up further along trim packages? Sport Satellites, Coronet 500s?
The Coronets being so common is a bit misleading.

Secondly, this should count only to cars that are driveable or in the process of being restored. Cars parked in the grove dont count. Also only to our hobby cars. Nobody gives a damn about our Cherokees or Town and Coountrys or Rams or Dakotas.

All of them counts as b body's as far asi can see, trim levels, engines, transmissions, differential, all this makes great cars , the best cars of the muscle era, and we are here because we love our cars and the hobby, IMHO.

1st off. Do R/Ts count as Coronets if Bees dont?
If R/Ts counts as Coronets then should GTXs qualify as Satellites along with RRs?
Should Belvaderes qualify as Satellites?
Should cars be broken up further along trim packages? Sport Satellites, Coronet 500s?
The Coronets being so common is a bit misleading.

Secondly, this should count only to cars that are driveable or in the process of being restored. Cars parked in the grove dont count. Also only to our hobby cars. Nobody gives a damn about our Cherokees or Town and Coountrys or Rams or Dakotas.
Please do not try to divide us with silly questions.:)

I assumed when stated an individual he/she has for example a 1969 RT he was referring to a Charger. Maybe I am wrong.....

I was hoping folks here would follow the instructions of Year/Make/Model.....some just listed a year or cryptic answers the just like they did with the age poll I started. But I believe the numbers are fairly representative of the population.

OK, I'll skew the average year down a bit:

1966 Dodge Coronet 500 vert
1966 Dodge Coronet 440 vert
1966 Dodge Coronet 440 HT
1967 Dodge Charger 440
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T vert
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T vert
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T HT
1967 Dodge Coronet 440 SW
1967 Dodge Coronet 500 HT
1967 Dodge Coronet 440 4DR
1967 Dodge Coronet 500 4DR
1967 Plymouth GTX vert
1967 Plymouth GTX HT
1967 Plymouth GTX HT

I left out parts cars. Four are cars that are running, registered, and shown. Eight are complete, do run, but are sitting awaiting either resto or fix up and use. Two are without motors.

Who? Me, I don't have any problem...:eek:

62589524_2527754977242774_5279311480267735040_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back