• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the general consensus of having a new fender tag made by Govier?

MMC Detroit or ECS
ECS would have been my choice too, but I see nowhere on their site that they actually reproduce these fender tags. But maybe I just missed it. I also couldn't find such an item on the MMC Detroit website.

Also, I've sent an email to Brett at A.G. Downeast, but an automated email response tells me that he's temporarily closed for relocation. Also known as Datatags.com.

Last edited:
I don't believe ECS ever did and MMC / Dave Wise may have thrown in the towel.. nothing an email can't determine.

No disrespect to anyone else responding to this thread.
Documentation on these cars are for the investment collector. If it's that important to you then follow the advice of the experts and get one made. These cars are meant to be driven, and driven hard sometimes. Like others on here in my past I have owned some highly collectable cars. The one I own now is a clone and I drive it everyday the sun shines.
Cause you never know when it's your last.

This is so true.

I have mixed emotions when it comes to Galen. He did do some of the pioneering groundwork for our hobby.....but it seems that greed of personal gain was his downfall in many people's eyes.
I at least got a response from him following my enquiry back last century. It took 13 months, but I never gave up. Nowadays the innerweb is full of people who can provide a more expedient service, and possibly with some more accuracy.....although there is no substitute for the factory made items.

I was that guy.......
View attachment 1217239

View attachment 1217237

View attachment 1217238

View attachment 1217241

:thumbsup:
Thanks bro

No disrespect to anyone else responding to this thread.
Documentation on these cars are for the investment collector. If it's that important to you then follow the advice of the experts and get one made. These cars are meant to be driven, and driven hard sometimes. Like others on here in my past I have owned some highly collectable cars. The one I own now is a clone and I drive it everyday the sun shines.
Cause you never know when it's your last.
I do want one made, personal preference really. I understand there’s mixed views, but I’m on the side of wanting one for my car.
I am in the United Kingdom so I have no access to anyone who can do it.. apart from help on forums.

I do not want any additions added to the numbers, just as close to factory spec as we can get it.

something I can pass down to my boys, who are helping to restore it too.

I do want one made, personal preference really. I understand there’s mixed views, but I’m on the side of wanting one for my car.
I am in the United Kingdom so I have no access to anyone who can do it.. apart from help on forums.

I do not want any additions added to the numbers, just as close to factory spec as we can get it.

something I can pass down to my boys, who are helping to restore it too.

Why is accuracy not important? Do you buy other reproduction parts that are not accurate or appropriate for your car?

Why is accuracy not important? Do you buy other reproduction parts that are not accurate or appropriate for your car?
Accuracy is definitely important. I’m looking for as accurate as possible. But from what I’ve read that may be very difficult to do.
So I can only do what’s in my power. I’m hoping this forum can give me a solution. Will email the other places mentioned and take it from there.

Accuracy is definitely important. I’m looking for as accurate as possible. But from what I’ve read that may be very difficult to do.

Without underlying documentation such as a broadcast sheet or window sticker, more likely impossible meaning it will probably require guessing on the part of the tag maker. Lots of bad tags from supposedly competent tag makers seem to be surfacing recently.

Without underlying documentation such as a broadcast sheet or window sticker, more likely impossible meaning it will probably require guessing on the part of the tag maker. Lots of bad tags from supposedly competent tag makers seem to be surfacing recently.
Will be ripping out the carpets over next few days. If I’m lucky I will find a build sheet.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I'm surprised the manufacturers don't take the lead on this issue? I would think it would be in the best interest of Chrysler to regulate plate/VIN replacement? But with Fiat at the helm? I wouldn't hold my breath.
Fiat left the building long ago.

Fiat left the building long ago.
I believe Vanguard is the primary share holder now? I have some Vanguard mutual funds as part of 401k? So I guess that puts me in charge? First order of business? Airing of grievances!

"I have alot of problems with Chrysler management!"

NNPN7HVR4ZC23COUXEEVHSHAYU.jpg

Lots of fakes too

Here was one Dave from ECS (RIP) claimed to have made,
for his one of none 4dr Mailroom speculations 'cuda B/E body
Smiley ECS BS VIN & Fender tag.png

I believe Vanguard is the primary share holder now? I have some Vanguard mutual funds as part of 401k? So I guess that puts me in charge? First order of business? Airing of grievances!

"I have alot of problems with Chrysler management!"

View attachment 1217755
No single shareholder has control of Stellantis - $39% is owned by private stockholders.

The top five shareholder blocks are:
Vanguard might be #6 on that list, they own about $1,275,000,000 worth of stock.

My 69 Super Bee came with a rusted out 2/3 remaining fender tag that’s pretty unreadable. The broadcast sheet isn’t what goes with the car since VIN doesn’t match it. How can I get a reproduction fender tag and broadcast sheet?

QUOTE="70chall440, post: 912094262, member: 28711"]Its interesting that every time this subject comes up there are always those who immediately start with the word "fake" trying to make the case that a replacement tag is a "fake" tag. Well using that logic perhaps your tires, paint, engine, clutch, brakes are all "fake" as well.

The reason this comes up at all or is a "thing" is because all of the purists, experts, investors, and general haters have made it a thing. When someone comes up with a new vehicle one of the first questions is about the fender tag and the Broadcast sheet, ergo these items have been made "important" and thus those without them feel that they need them to be complete. Seeing that getting a broadcast sheet is pretty difficult thats pretty much out but a fender tag is definitely possible.

I will say this, many of this very high end high dollar restorations floating around various collections and across auction blocks have replaced fender tags. Some people admit it, others not so much.[/QUOTE]

How and who makes new fender tag and broadcast sheet? I need them.

QUOTE="HawkRod, post: 912094445, member: 7773"]My 70 Road Runner is missing the fender tag. But I also never found a BS. All the number match though: VIN, core support, trunk lip, engine & transmission. Having said that, there is no way I can reproduce the fender tag so I haven't and I won't. That would be fraudulent. I have to just "prove" what the car was/is based on pictures.

You are in a different situation. With your BS, you can reproduce the fender tag and back it up since you have documentation to prove what options your car had.

I say reproduce it. You are not scamming anyone, and you can prove what is on the fender tag if anyone ever had questions (like if you were selling it).

Just my $0.02[/QUOTE]

If these cars are so good as they are then why do they need a 2022 version of a 1969 fender tag containing “guessed at” information?

A proper tag was made at the plant and has info they tells what the car came with when new.

A fake tag has something that you guessed at and put on there. You don’t know what the real tag says.

Auto Transport Service
Back