• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the UNofficial FBBO policy toward meme threads?

An autographed picture of Raaaandy Maaaantooth?

Seems like a few folks here think if a political meme agrees with their politics, then it isn't political.

Last edited:
unnamed.png

Seems like a few folks here think if a political meme agrees with their politics, then it isn't political.
This. People say vicious things about the current gov’t and it’s considered humorous. Say something true about the previous gov’t and suddenly it’s offensive and political.
But whoever said life was fair was pulling our leg.

For peets sake, this is a big boy site is it not? I didn't ever open the meme threads, just not interested but for crying out loud what is this?

BINGO!! KD, please tell him what he has won if you will!!
This is another post that is left to interpretation.
Joeys site... okay, so he makes and enforces every rule?
No, he does not. The Moderators enforce most of the rules from what I can see.
Clarity, please.
Was it Joey that dumped the threads?
Was it his idea but a moderator did it?
I don’t see how asking this question is a problem. Please enlighten me.

For peets sake, this is a big boy site is it not? I didn't ever open the meme threads, just not interested but for crying out loud what is this?

Very well said 747 - thank you !

The rules should be amended to reflect what they really are...which seems to be just one rule:
"As soon as somebody complains all posts will be deleted. Until then have a ball..."

You have won...

A new Matador
A new mastadon
A Maverick
A Mustang
A Montego
A Merc Montclair
A Mark IV
A meteor
A Mercedes
An MG
Or a Malibu?
A Mort Moriarty
A Maserati
A Mack truck
A Mazda
A new Monza
Or a moped
A Winnebago
Hell, a herd of Winnebago's, we're giving 'em away
Or how about a McCulloch chainsaw?
A Las Vegas wedding
A Mexican divorce
A solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot
Or
A baby's arm holding an apple

(remember that song?)

You have won...

A Mexican divorce
Oops, that's material of a sexual nature and a racist statement......time to shut this one down too...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have won...

A new Matador
A new mastadon
A Maverick
A Mustang
A Montego
A Merc Montclair
A Mark IV
A meteor
A Mercedes
An MG
Or a Malibu?
A Mort Moriarty
A Maserati
A Mack truck
A Mazda
A new Monza
Or a moped
A Winnebago
Hell, a herd of Winnebago's, we're giving 'em away
Or how about a McCulloch chainsaw?
A Las Vegas wedding
A Mexican divorce
Or
A baby's arm holding an apple

(remember that song?)
Oops, that's material of a sexual nature and a racist statement......time to shut this one down too...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The first barely "off color" post get's the ball rolling. The next member tries to "one up" the last post and then the race is on. Rarely do political or religious discussions in the General forums end without arguing and name calling. That's why there is a Political forum. Take your opinions there. We usually remove the wrong post but when the thread get's overwhelmed with colored comments more serious measures are required. Everyone needs to use common sense about what they post before hitting the enter button. Your post may be removed. If the posts escalate in the wrong direction, the thread will probably be removed. The moderator staff get's tired of clearing reported posts and babysitting these threads when you all know what' is allowed and what is not.

I wonder if those (if there is more than one) who feel the need to be offended ever offer any tech advice, knowledge, or experience pertaining to the restoration of B bodies?.......... once the knowledgeable members say F it, it's over, Johnny

It's simple-

If you want to offend someone (politically), post in the political forum.

Some folks just can't seem to keep that out of general discussion.

@toolmanmike

and the other mods-

Once again- thank you for doing a thankless job.

I received a gracious and fair response from Cranky today.
There is no standing order to dump any meme thread. There is a policy of halting any thread that gets out of bounds and threatens to go haywire.

I received a gracious and fair response from Cranky today.
There is no standing order to dump any meme thread. There is a policy of halting any thread that gets out of bounds and threatens to go haywire.

Lemme guess...his response went something like this,

canvas.png

:lol:

This is another post that is left to interpretation.
Joeys site... okay, so he makes and enforces every rule?
No, he does not. The Moderators enforce most of the rules from what I can see.
Clarity, please.
Was it Joey that dumped the threads?
Was it his idea but a moderator did it?
I don’t see how asking this question is a problem. Please enlighten me.
Continually questioning and picking at Moderator decisions doesn't help the cause any Greg.

All is asked of everyone is to follow the basic rules.

Don't want to do that....don't complain about the consequences.

The last big Meme thread was closed as a result of continual deviation from the rules, with the final straw being an outrageous slur against the site owner. Simple as that.

I closed it.

FOLLOW THE RULES.

Auto Transport Service
Back