• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What radiator and fans are you running?

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Post up pics if you can. I am trying to find the best possible radiator for my 64 polara and I need some ideas

Please include sizes and where you got it if possible

2- 12inch Spals.

hey i am in the same boat 64 polara 440 . the "new" 440 engine is done. trans is rebuilt . getting started on the bay prep. the poly comes out this weekend if all goes well. need to figure out where i am going with the cool too at this point.

no pix yet, but i just installed a 22 inch rad in my 66 belvy. car has a 440 now ( 460 horsies)... cooling it with a Champion 22 inch 3 core radiator ($188.00 on ebay ). bolted right up....using internal trans cooler.....and it REFUSES to go over 185 no matter what i do to it and im NOT using a fan shroud. i am using a 6 blade flex fan . great rads...easy install....no leaks or issues...im very pleased with it. also have a 26 inch Champion in my 70 road runner....also no issues!

We are running the BeCool crossflow with 2 12inch fans and a engine oil cooler that bypasses till it gets to 180 degrees. In the middle of the Pheonix summer, it has yet to get over 200.

I put a jeggs direct fit radiator in my 70 coronet. Electric puller fan with thermo switch.

Guys, he has a 64 Dodge, so the later model cars aren't gonna help. I'm sure (althougth not 100% positive) that the 62-65 b bodies came only in a 19x22 radiator.

I might have to get something made. I am trying to avoid it. I guess I will buy something that should fit from a measurement standpoint and go from there. I have an intercooler and ac condenser to mess with.

bump! I am fast approaching the must have time on the 440 install. 64 B body440 polara . what did you get , how was the fit, is it doing the job , and who did you get it from???

I haven't got anything yet. Been spending money like crazy on my longblock.

This is an AFCO rad I bought from Mancini for about $329 I do believe. I forgot the size but I just told Mancini I wanted the AFCO rad that fit my 63 Sport Fury. It comes with brackets but no holes. I just sat it in and marked the holes and drilled them. Works great for me. The shroud is from a Dakota that I modified to fit. I also have an electric push fan on the outer side of the rad in case I get stuck real long in traffic and it creeps up to 200 then I can turn it on as it is on a toggle switch. Ron

100_1487.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here you can see the electric fan I added. Ron

100_1488.jpg

I also got my set-up from Mancini, but not a cross flow. Aluminum 22" core, made to order shroud and a fixed 17" fan. Filled out their custom order sheet and it fit like a glove. Not the greatest pictures. Hadn't hooked up the overflow tank yet.

Attachments

• DSCN1679.jpg
    DSCN1679.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCN1669.jpg
    DSCN1669.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 380
I also got my set-up from Mancini, but not a cross flow. Aluminum 22" core, made to order shroud and a fixed 17" fan. Filled out their custom order sheet and it fit like a glove. Not the greatest pictures. Hadn't hooked up the overflow tank yet.

Dave that is one nice setup. Did you buy the shroud from Mancini also ? And do you mind me asking what it cost ? Thanks , Ron

In my 64 Polara. PRW industries 19X26 aluminum rad. Cant remember who makes the electric fan. LOL

radia1.jpgradia2.jpg

Ninja...isn't that fan a tad small for your radiator?

Ninja...isn't that fan a tad small for your radiator?

Found out. Its a Maradyne Mach series.
225w sealed motor. 2160CFM with an adjustable temp. switch.
Going to run electric water pump.

Dave that is one nice setup. Did you buy the shroud from Mancini also ? And do you mind me asking what it cost ? Thanks , Ron

Hey Ron,
Yes, both the radiator and shroud came from Mancini. Purchased in Feb. 2012. Radiator was $499. and shroud was $139. I tried working with Ron Davis, Be Cool, Wizard and a couple of others but found that Mancini was the easiest and most interested in "getting it right". I dealt with a fella named Dean.

That looks fantastic. I also like buying from Mancini. Got to support our Mopar specialty guys.

I can tell you that little fan isn't going to keep my monster cool. I need a couple big *** fans

I can tell you that little fan isn't going to keep my monster cool. I need a couple big *** fans
The thing is. I dont get near the temeratures you guys get down south not for an extended period of time to. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back