• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What shocks should I run?

Moparguy1

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Coronet that I am ordering a rebuild kit for the for front suspension and I don't know what shocks to run. It will be driven very little on the street due to having 4:88 gears. I plan on taking it to the strip every once in a while. It will be a 440 with dual carbs. Can you recommend what shocks I should buy?

Bilstein(?) or Q-1

I would either go with the Bilstien or better yet a set of double adjustable shocks from Viking. They are sweet as they are easy to adjust on the fly and you can go from a soft ride to cruise to the track to a stiffer one once your are ready to take it down the track.

Thanks
James

Will the 90/10 drag shocks work alright on the street?

Thats what I have been using up front for years. The Comp 90/10 front shocks with stock suspension. In the rear I just use SS springs and the longer MP shocks. They work good on the street and track. My car is the red 63. Ron

RampG_zps1bdef8ff.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back