• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

First one to catch that.....Most people don't pay close enough attention to the details.

So then I take it's taboo to pour a bottle of chocolate syrup over a couple scoops of ice cream?

My mom {RIP} got me hooked on

smoked oysters or raw oysters

oyster (& potato) soup,
my step dad made it from scratch

oyster dressing,
my German grandmother made the best dressing

I like a lot of them types of side dishes snacks/foods...

Smoked or baked Clams
Smoked or baked Muscles
Sardines
Kippers

Wild game, some say is an acquired taste, I took to it right off
(I don't like the organs usually)
Pheasant
Bear
Moose
(love a big rack of moose ribs, little dry chile powder & garlic rub)
Caribou
(the heart is pretty damn good if done right)
Deer
Salmon or Steelhead even raw it was damn tasty
Yellow-jack (sort of a tuna species, had down in Mexico)
(I prefer cooked with lemon or smoked on most all fish/shellfish)

'I miss living in Alaska'

I don't like duck or goose
I do like to shot them
I don't like the meat taste, IMO tastes like mud, unless it's smoked

Spent 3 years in Alaska, wild game is always on the menu
Caribou
Moose burgers
Halibut
King and silver salmon

Elk
Partridge
Pheasant
Walleye
Perch
Trout
Shark
Alligator tail
Tuna
Grouse
Dove
Lamb
Bison

All delicious

Spent 3 years in Alaska, wild game is always on the menu
Caribou
Moose burgers
Halibut
King and silver salmon

Elk
Partridge
Pheasant
Walleye
Perch
Trout
Shark
Alligator tail
Tuna
Grouse
Dove
Lamb
Bison

All delicious
Didn't know that there are alligators in Alaska . Learn something new everyday.:eek:

Didn't know that there are alligators in Alaska . Learn something new everyday.:eek:
There aren't :thumbsup: way to cold
I'd think it was (?) he was listing other tasty game :bananadance:
I'd assume...

I order lamb whenever it’s on the menu. Never understood why so many people don’t like it. I don’t think it tastes that different from beef cuts. Had a lamb shoulder the other day and thought it tasted like roast beef. I was kind of disappointed. Good but pedestrian in my opinion.

Antelope is good - especially the chops. Love pheasant and grouse. Most birds. Crows don’t interest me much ......

So then I take it's taboo to pour a bottle of chocolate syrup over a couple scoops of ice cream?
Are you crazy? That stuff is fantastic! Anyone that would criticize it needs a kick to the dick!

images (6).jpeg

20181223_224106.jpg

Xmas treats, all my tipup pike have been too short so I had to buy herring this year

The Wife's Dad is FULL blooded Iraqi. The food he grew up with is a bit weird sometimes. Lots of lamb with a multitude of spices. Some of it I like, some I really do not. I have to try it though just out of respect to the man.

Cut up a leg of lamb last night for shish kebab today...I didn't get a good picture of the snack platters though. Yalanchi(stuffed grape leaves) and basterma(cured and seasoned slices of beef), hummus, pita and lahvash(cracker bread)...and then the sweets. Gonna be a long haul on the bike tomorrow! And we still have two more Christmas gatherings..
20181223_133038.jpg

image95FB95IMG951499735962468.jpg

Wow...That plate above looks very familiar.

I love PB&J sandwiches. For some reason if I make home made Chile in the crock pot (which includes chunks of browned duck breast for texture by the way) I have to have it with saltine crackers and a peanut butter and jam sandwich. The peanut butter Chile flavor combo is awesome. People call me crazy all the time but I don’t think it’s that strange.

Well, I Dunno...I just got back from a Month in Vietnam....Who the F knows what I ate !! I know that I ate no Western Food for a month straight. All I ate was VN food, and a lot of it..Turns out I lost 10 lbs while I was there...Honestly though...What an Incredible Adventure.. The people were so friendly and hospitable...The Food ..a little spicy..but I like it that way... Think I'll go back before the end of this year..:thumbsup:
Vietnamese food is awesome. I eat a lot of it in San Jose. Lots of flavors, green leafy herbs, some spicy hot but not all. One of my favorite Asian food types.

Auto Transport Service
Back