• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

Liver and onions, squash pie, haven't had a decent version of either one since mom died a few years ago.
You struck a nerve!!My Mom would eat fried liver,,,,,yuck! But Love cold chopped liver....
The onions cut in the kitchen would make you tear UPstairs:lol: RIP MOM

These shriveled up black Italian olives. They are sold in the deli, sometimes very dry. They have to be washed and put in a jar with some olive oil and a clove of garlic.

mmm liver and onions, a childhood treat
Keilbasa and sauerkraut
kimchi

Not even shrimp ?
Nope, tried it. I once was given a fish sandwich by mistake, I was down the road before I realized it so I just ate it... about vommited in my mouth! I'm done trying fishy food for good.

Anyone ever try balute? An Asian delicacy that I just LOVE! It’s a duck egg that is partly developed. Usually something like a couple of weeks old so the embryo is partly formed to a baby duck. You know like a fetus that is partly formed. You drink the embryonic fluid and then with a little salt and pepper you eat the embryo. You can get it in most Asian countries or where there’s a large population of them. I learned to eat it in the Philippines and still eat it regularly because my wife is VN and loves it too. Hope I explained it accurately it’s a must try.

I thought you posted that before. Deja Vu ?

I thought I did too - but couldn’t remember and didn’t want to read the whole thread again - good memory for and old guy Kern.... except I’m even older and obviously have dementia.

Anyone ever eat ballut? Incubated duck eggs that have only been in a few days so they are partially formed. A delicacy in Asia. A little salt and pepper and I love to drink the embryonic fluid. Then the rest goes down the hatch as well. What do you think....?

Hmmm....

I couldn’t remember the word incubate this time around either. See I’m getting older and ....

How about a combo burger - mule and beef? cheapest piece of *** I ever had - that was down in Jamaica
Elk Bratwurst? Bison and buffalo burgers? We have a restaurant here in town that serves wildlife along with normal dining. There are other animals on the menu as well, like, gator, crawdads, frog legs, bear.

Just to make a guy sick at work - I dipped a Dorito into my cup of chocolate pudding and then dipped it into the can of picante sauce - looked like bloody liver, but tasted pretty good.... He turned green and headed for the door.... LOL

Squirrel, rabbit, deer - haven't had any raccoon or goose.

Sauerkraut and polish sausage is great.

Best thing to remember about possum innards and collard greens is that they're just as good the 2nd day as the 1st... LOL - haven't a clue - never tried it.

Anyone ever try balute? An Asian delicacy that I just LOVE! It’s a duck egg that is partly developed. Usually something like a couple of weeks old so the embryo is partly formed to a baby duck. You know like a fetus that is partly formed. You drink the embryonic fluid and then with a little salt and pepper you eat the embryo. You can get it in most Asian countries or where there’s a large population of them. I learned to eat it in the Philippines and still eat it regularly because my wife is VN and loves it too. Hope I explained it accurately it’s a must try.

I've NEVER tried this but I have 14 ducks 10 are layers and my brother is married to a veitnam girl! So she begs and begs for furtilzed eggs I refuse to give them to here ! They eat the hole bird just before it hatchs ! Freaking nasty!

I've NEVER tried this but I have 14 ducks 10 are layers and my brother is married to a veitnam girl! So she begs and begs for furtilzed eggs I refuse to give them to here ! They eat the hole bird just before it hatchs ! Freaking nasty!
Try it bro - you might find you love the stuff! I’d eat it even more often but for the cholesterol impact. Soooo tasty!

When I lived in Ga. it seemed every home cooking type cafe had baked Vidalia. Man you talk about good, they would hollow out the core and put either a beef or chicken boullion cube in the center and bake it in a casserole dish...came out sweet and tender.
"A Vidalia onion is a sweet onion of certain varieties, grown in a production area defined by law of the U.S. state of Georgia and by the United States Code of Federal Regulations."

"A Vidalia onion is a sweet onion of certain varieties, grown in a production area defined by law of the U.S. state of Georgia and by the United States Code of Federal Regulations."
One of my great aunts lived in Vidalia. Every time we went to see her, she'd make homemade onion rings. Best onion rings I've ever eaten.

My late Aunt Clara was such a picky eater. She would tell you if the knife you used to cut her Swiss Cheese sandwich had EVER IN IT'S EXISTENCE had been used to also cut an onion!!

My late Aunt Clara was such a picky eater. She would tell you if the knife you used to cut her Swiss Cheese sandwich had EVER IN IT'S EXISTENCE had been used to also cut an onion!!
I've run across people like that before.

Auto Transport Service
Back