• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

roasted corn with mayo, crumbled blue cheese or parmesan cheese, lime salt/ black pepper a Spanish chick turned me on to it.
1-Grilled-Mexican-Corn-13-P7250013-2.jpg

You struck a nerve!!My Mom would eat fried liver,,,,,yuck! But Love cold chopped liver....
The onions cut in the kitchen would make you tear UPstairs:lol: RIP MOM
You’ve got to cook the liver with the onions in a kind of gravy. DEEEELICIOUS! Restaurant version of liver and onions is just fried liver with onions on top. SUCKS!

One HAS to wonder....if you have to work that hard to disguise the flavor of something,WHY would you even want to eat it????? You do all realize livers are FILTERS!!!! Would you suck on an oil filter, or, put oil you drain out of it back in the engine just because you changed the filter???

One HAS to wonder....if you have to work that hard to disguise the flavor of something,WHY would you even want to eat it????? You do all realize livers are FILTERS!!!! Would you suck on an oil filter, or, put oil you drain out of it back in the engine just because you changed the filter???

Wait a minute, what about all the bottom feeders like Lobsters, Crabs, Catfish etc. that eat the **** off the bottom of the ocean? So then why isn't Pigeon, Vultures, or Crow and others not at the top of the delicacy list?

Liver is the best tasting filter on the face of the earth! I have tasted used oil and it is nowhere near as yummy as liver. The onions are not there to mask the flavor. It is no different than a little salt on fries or cheese on a burger. It enhances the experience.:lol:

Horseradish on saltines
Kraut from the jar
Pickled polish sausage and eggs
Kracklins
Brown sugar in my tuna sandwich mix
Herring every chance I get or I pickle my pike

Darius made a good point though. If you have to slather something with a bunch of hot sauce, mayo or salt, maybe it isn't that good to begin with.
People used to tell me that I had to acquire a taste for beer. It never happened. I still cannot stand it. To me, if I don't like something right away, I'm not likely to develop any love for it later whether it is beer, seafood or butt sex.

After being stationed in Germany for 2 years i now like my pomme frites (french fries) dipped in mayo(German thing). At first i was ho hum about it but here i am 30 years later grabbing the mayo jar when we have fries. Sometimes it takes a few times when trying something new to really decide if you like something new. I also watched people sprinkling hot sauce on their fried chicken (southern thing?) many times before trying (not a fan of burning mouth and throat while eating). 30 years later i occasionally sprinkle a little Frank's red hot sauce on fried chicken.
I had supper with a friend of a friends years ago and snapping turtle was the meal. I had no idea at the time that people ate turtle. It was DELICIOUS!!

Last edited:
My mom {RIP} got me hooked on

smoked oysters or raw oysters

oyster (& potato) soup,
my step dad made it from scratch

oyster dressing,
my German grandmother made the best dressing

I like a lot of them types of side dishes snacks/foods...

Smoked or baked Clams
Smoked or baked Muscles
Sardines
Kippers

Wild game, some say is an acquired taste, I took to it right off
(I don't like the organs usually)
Pheasant
Bear
Moose
(love a big rack of moose ribs, little dry chile powder & garlic rub)
Caribou
(the heart is pretty damn good if done right)
Deer
Salmon or Steelhead even raw it was damn tasty
Yellow-jack (sort of a tuna species, had down in Mexico)
(I prefer cooked with lemon or smoked on most all fish/shellfish)

'I miss living in Alaska'

I don't like duck or goose
I do like to shot them
I don't like the meat taste, IMO tastes like mud, unless it's smoked

I brine all my fowl for three days, awesome.
Forgot about smoked oysters, not football season yet, that reminds me Badgers play Friday
I'll add bear, my season starts next Wednesday, God willing my freezer will be full. Love all game my freezer has elk, duck, pheasant, venison, speed goat, slow goat, goose and random fish

After being stationed in Germany for 2 years i now like my pomme frites (french fries) dipped in mayo(German thing). At first i was ho hum about it but here i am 30 years later grabbing the mayo jar when we have fries. Sometimes it takes a few times when trying something new to really decide if you like something new. I also watched people sprinkling hot sauce on their fried chicken (southern thing?) many times before trying (not a fan of burning mouth and throat while eating). 30 years later i occasionally sprinkle a little Frank's red hot sauce on fried chicken.
I had supper with a friend of a friends years ago and snapping turtle was the meal. I had no idea at the time that people ate turtle. It was DELICIOUS!!

I like french fries with brown gravy.

My friends out here in California give me **** for eating fried okra with ranch dressing and Louisiana hot sauce. Pretty normal back home in Oklahoma. Lol.

Does ketchup on Mac n Cheese qualify as strange? If so...I like strange... I used to like going out and getting some strange.

Does ketchup on Mac n Cheese qualify as strange? If so...I like strange... I used to like going out and getting some strange.
It's popular enough that it was mentioned in The Bare-Naked Ladies song 'If I Had A Million Dollars'. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back