• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What strange foods do you eat that others don't understand??

Fried chicken livers, beef liver, pork brains and scrambled eggs for Christmas breakfast, liver pudding, but I never cared for chittlins or tripe.
When we were kids we would collect bottles for refunds just to go to a chicken joint called Tinsleys, sold the best livers and gizzards!

Pho
Escargot
Peanut butter and apples
Breakfast for dinner

Sushi

What is Scrapple ???

Rocky Mt. Oysters
Lamb Fries

Gamy meats;
Bear meat
Caribou meat
Moose meat
Elk meat
Squirrel {yuk}
Raccoon {yuk}
Venison {deer}
Duck {wild}
Turkey {wild, not the booze}
Ferrel pig {pork}
Squab {pigeon}
Pheasant {wild}
Quail {wild}

Many people don't like gammy tastes of wild meats,
I like it better personally, rarely get it thou...

raw oysters = yummy

When we were kids we would collect bottles for refunds just to go to a chicken joint called Tinsleys, sold the best livers and gizzards!
I don't understand how some people like Gizzards ( YUK !) and hate chicken livers ( YUM) Gizzards are gristle IMO........................MO

I think it all harkens back to days gone by. Food was not as easily accessible/affordable. Most old timmers used everything or wasted very little...

What is Scrapple ???
As it's referred to: Pennsylvania's mystery meat. Or all parts of a pig thats not used for other things.......ground up, mixed with corn meal and spices then shaped in a loaf. A beautiful shade of gray, sliced, fried in bacon grease until golden brown .
The stuff dreams are made of.
If you get to Carlisle, take a short hour drive to Lancaster County, the Amish have the real deal - those folks know how to eat!
They also known know how to work, when is the last time you saw a fat Amish guy?
Some of the older women maybe......

Pho with dog meat
Dumplings with horse meat
Water buffalo burgers
Fermented mares milk
Deep fried grubs and grasshoppers
Camel kebaps
Just a few things ive sampled while traveling
Stay away from the mares milk.

I like spagetti sauce, ketchup, tomato soup, etc.... can't stand the actual tomato. Gross and slimey. yuk.

When we were young my father and uncles would eat sheep heads .. think they're outlawed now .. they smelled great from the seasonings they used, but how in the world they ate them I don't know..I couldn't sit at the same table

BLP bacon lettuce and peanut butter....amazing!!! ketchup on scrambled eggs is a must. my kid puts ketchup on fish. my buddy puts grape jelly on his burger....i did eat a pigs eye at a wild game party...it didnt suck.

Wow... the more I read the more disgusted I get!

My mom ate "pigs feet" when she was pregnant

IMO it was disgusting...

Blood sausage {yuk}
Haggis {gross}
or spotted dick {never tried it, English crap, it even sounds too gross}
Salt Cod {yuk}

When we were young my father and uncles would eat sheep heads .. think they're outlawed now .. they smelled great from the seasonings they used, but how in the world they ate them I don't know..I couldn't sit at the same table
When I was an apprentice working in a factory, the Pacific Island boys would gather around a complete pig's head at morning tea time. It was a fight to get the eyes and ears. The most gross thing that ever happened in that place was one day my junior apprentice colleague slapped a bag of what looked like raw corned beef on the table in front of us. Turned out it was his wife's placenta from their recently arrived baby. Apparently it was a bet he made with the lads.
Honestly, I don't see the fascination with gizzard and offal cuts, although I have had "brawn" as a youngster - made up of jellied trimmings of cheek and tongue meat.

or spotted dick {never tried it, English crap, it even sounds too gross}
It's just a sponge cake with raisins, usually served with some custard on top.
357957_1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back