• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?

Waiting at a red light that last about 45 seconds or so when it turns green and everyone is texting or reading one. Each person takes about 10 seconds to look up from their phone and 4 cars make the light that 15 or so people are waiting at. This goes on all the time. Texting and driving is one of my biggest pet peeves. Add eating a burger, taking a drink of you soda while texting, while reaching over the seat to slap your kid, while your friend holds your cigarette and now my butt is really chaps.

Ever try to put gas in a 69 Plymouth with the gas cap behind the license plate using one of these great inventions?
View attachment 1467064
The very reason I take very good care
of my 5 gallon Army issue Jerry can
with a metal spout. Those plastic
safety spouts are ridiculous. More
gas gets spilled on the ground than
what you're able to get in the tank.
I've also managed to get a couple 1
gallon metal Coleman cans and a metal spout for those for the weed
eater and mower.

The very reason I take very good care
of my 5 gallon Army issue Jerry can
with a metal spout. Those plastic
safety spouts are ridiculous. More
gas gets spilled on the ground than
what you're able to get in the tank.
I've also managed to get a couple 1
gallon metal Coleman cans and a metal spout for those for the weed
eater and mower.
51V6K7OS3KL._AC_SL1204_.jpg

Waiting at a red light that last about 45 seconds or so when it turns green and everyone is texting or reading one. Each person takes about 10 seconds to look up from their phone and 4 cars make the light that 15 or so people are waiting at. This goes on all the time. Texting and driving is one of my biggest pet peeves. Add eating a burger, taking a drink of you soda while texting, while reaching over the seat to slap your kid, while your friend holds your cigarette and now my butt is really chaps.
I put up with that **** every day for the 1st 38 years
the last 25 has been so much more relaxing, living 'rural'
far away from 'any big-shitty' & all the problem that come with them...

Glad, I don't live within more than an hour of and almost 100 miles of any freeway
or a bunch of traffic at stop lights, we have 3 stoplights in Sonora off hwy 49/108
the main drag, a couple more off to the side streets & hate them even
6 total I can think of, mostly all 2 lane rds (except for hwy-108 in a few places to pass)
but they are all pretty quick,
unless someone is turning left after the signal
but that's sort of 'rare even'

I make it a point to never be anywhere near/in town at 8:00am-ish & 5:00pm-ish
give or take an hour in each direction, even if it's nothing like an inner-shitty
the whole huge *** county is less than 55,000 population, shrinking too
Sonora township is only like 5,000+ pop., it's the county seat, it's the biggest town
& I'm more county, 11 miles up east & away from town

Last edited:
Though these are much better at
dispensing fuel. they don't "tie down"
well, especially for heavy duty off
road use.
The Jerry can I have is all metal, right
down to the strap that secures it to the
mounting base. Also, the VP can I
purchased, leaked at the mold joint
where the two halves come together.
Though it did take about 6 months
of bouncing around in the back of a
Jeep before it started leaking.

Though these are much better at
dispensing fuel. they don't "tie down"
well, especially for heavy duty off
road use.
The Jerry can I have is all metal, right
down to the strap that secures it to the
mounting base. Also, the VP can I
purchased, leaked at the mold joint
where the two halves come together.
Though it did take about 6 months
of bouncing around in the back of a
Jeep before it started leaking.
I have a couple of the square ones & three of the older round ones... None have leaked, the square ones are easier to tie down but if your off roading & need them extra secure it would be an easy project to create pockets they can be dropped into... Here's a commercial version, they want nearly $200.... I would make something similar out of scrap & wouldn't spend $25.....

6195A6TWQ8L._AC_SX569_.jpg

When I was a young man, I worked at a factory in the plating dept. there were 2 bosses in the dept, Lloyd and Joe. When Joe wanted something done quicker, he would send Lloyd out to do his dirty work. Lloyds favorite line was….” Davis is riding my *** like steel wool underwear”. I still use that saying to this day!

1684839420103.png

Tools that don’t work! I understand, things break, but when they don’t work like they are supposed to.
Example, last weekend I was working at my rental property putting up some ceiling tiles. I have a good Bostitch staple gun. It works great, unless you are trying to use it on ceiling tile. Upside down it will only put a staple out about every 10 trigger pulls.
I am not proud of myself but I had a 3 year old melt down. I have a pretty even temper so much I remember my last one was a battery charger that did not work. I had owned for years, I had never used the boost feature and when I needed it I found it was useless. I had to drive to town a borrow a friends charger.
I don’t buy the cheep **** either, I have always believed buy the best once.
I’m done complaining now. I have to go buy a new staple gun.

Deceptive packaging of products that lead you to believe that you are getting more than you really are. Dayquil pictured below .....

IMG_2335.jpg

I may be unpopular with this. But, I despise rump stripes on Mopars that would never have had them from the factory. Nothing screams "wannabee" like bumblebee stripes on a 66 or 67 Coronet. Just as bad on a 3rd generation Charger. And even worse, are those that put them on a Plymouth....

$2500 dollar refrigerators that don't last 5 years! F YOU samung, lg, kenmore, etc!

I just thought of a couple of things.
When you drop something like a wallet or phone down between the seat and console on a newer car. Some of them are so tight you have to reach under from behind the seat and fish your hand around seat tracks and wiring harnesses...
And then there's the people that post a hoard of internet threads asking for help or advice but never respond after that first post (except maybe to ask another question...) A simple "thank you" goes a long way.

...or a "post #14 idea worked" response.

The other big pet peeve that irks me weekly - leaf blowers.

What a bunch of noise and air pollution and spreading debris from one place to another. What irks me the most are the ones using it on the street or sidewalks never pick up what they blow out of the way. I often see them blow it from in front of their house or business onto the property of the house or business next door and across the street. WTF?? One time it happened to me at my old house. I went and got my broom as the guy was putting his blower back in the truck and swept it from in front of my yard where he had blown it to and back in front of the neighbor's yard he just cleaned up. He jumped out and said WTF? I told him WTF is right - sweep it up and bag it, don't dirty my yard. He grumbled but did what I asked. Can't believe he didn't slash my tires the next day, but for goodness sake - someone's got to stand up for what's right haha.
This.
We have a crabby old fart neighbour. In the summer when we have ten percent humidity and everything is bone dry he cranks up his leaf blower, blowing a huge cloud of horrible dust over the entire neighborhood. I don’t want to know how much dog **** is in the dust that we are now all breathing and that is settling on our bar b ques and patios.

Auto Transport Service
Back